Army Selection & Development Centre Help ???????

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by Army16, Oct 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello, I'm female & going for my army selection in november at edinburgh.

I know where i need to be and at what time but there is a lot i'm not sure of and was wondering if any one on here could help me out.

Firstly, i don't know what i need to bring with me because even though my recruiter said he would forward "Joining Instructions" on to me, he now says he is going to send them to an address that i'm not even at at the moment & i won't have arrived there until 1 day before selection, it will be no good then because i'll need my things with me by then because i'm out of the country at the moment. I just need a breif description of what i need to bring.

I don't know what i'm supost to wear at the interview thing or when i arrive there. So that would be helpful too.

Also..

What's the medical like? (I'm worried about that) and i've also heard that they deferr you for the slighest thing...may not be true but it still worries me lol.

I just want to know what it's like, what your allowed to do & not and what is allowed and what isn't.

Hope you can help me.

Thank you.

(P.S - please no rude comments):-|

2. Hey and welcome to arrse.

You should call your recruiter and explain that you need the doc asap and/or go down and pick it up yourself, you will probably need to go down to pick up your train tickets from them anyway so you might as well kill two birds with one stone.

The interview is formal, suited and booted - nothing less.

The medical is pretty in depth but you can't really do anything about it so there's no point worrying, most people who don't pass the medical get deferred (and not failed) and are allowed to come back after a few months so don't sweat it.

Other than that there was an ADSC chat and query thread here which went back years and years but for some reason I think it got merged with the medical thread. The biggest thing you can prepare yourself for at ADSC apart from fitness is the icebreaker where you get up and talk to your group for 2-3 mins about yourself, you can practice for that in advance. Good luck!

3. Well i'm out of the country so i can't go and pick them up, he has already sent my train tickets to the address in England which is fine but i wanted to know before i left where i am so i can take what i neec.

Thanks for ur answer though! :)

4. Dont have a go at U_S he gave you advice now sort yourself out and if that means coming back from holiday or wherever early then do it!! In case you have not heard the army is nearly fully manned so your going to have to put in the effort, get off your keyboard and get your docs. If not The Army have alot more potential recruits who take the selection process very seriously waiting.

5. If i wasn't taking it seriously then i wouldn't be travelling over 2000 miles for selection would i? i was asking what i needed to take with me before i left my home, once i'm over its no good is it? i said thank you for his answer and i was just answering him & telling him my situation. I'm NOT on HOLIDAY, I LIVE IN SPAIN! all i wanted to know was what to take because i KNOW my recruiter will be busy and thats all i need to know!!!

6. Fair enough my apologies, i would have put them up for you but threw them away last week. Maybe someone with ADSC soon can post them up?

7. No offense but i've already looked at that and it doesn't tell me what i want to know.

8. Apology excepted, sorry i got a little bit short. I just really want this. Thanks for your help.

9. Ok from the top of my head here is most kit

5 underwear and socks( just incase weather is bad on run and team tasks)
    4-5 t-shirts
    2-3 shorts or tracksuits
    smart suit or dress(for final interview)
    towel or two
    all your girly toiletries(spelling) and essentials
    glasses if you wear them
    2 pairs of running shoes( they might get soaked in 1.5 miler in rain and team tasks will defo mess them up so bring a new and old pair)
    4-5 sports bra's
    hair bands
    casual clothes and shoes for evening
    PJ's
    flip flops for shower room

And arrive in smart caual clothes or dress.

10. Thank you soo much!! You've been a GREAT help.

11. Forgot to add gloves and waterproof coat if you have one.

12. Take a water bottle as well, a decent sized one which is over 500ml.

13. Ok, Cheers :)

14. How DO YOU KNOW YOUR RECRUITER IS BUSY??? A simpler idea would to speak to your Recruiter who must know your living arrangements anyway and send you a copy of the JIs to your relevant ADSC by email or fax. Theres other important information you require on them aswell.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.