Army Search As 2nd Gun Is Lost

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by MOD_Oracle, Oct 19, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Oh dear, these people aren't really bothered about career progression are they?!

2. cpunk

cpunk LE Moderator

If it's in 'Pembrokeshire's Brecon Beacons' then it really is lost. :lol:

3. Don't guns have wheels?

Someone has been careless.

4. And i was always told my my training staff - Always look after your own rifle.....Could make an interesting christmas present!!!

5. The Sun reported that the latest weapon had been lost by an Artificer Sergeant Major who was in charge of a 90-strong group of soldiers. He apparently handed it to one of his juniors at a temporary command post before going to do some administrative work, and could not find the weapon when he returned.-MoD Oracle.
    If its true(with this paper you cannot tell),has someone done an inside job here?
    Ditto Oneshot.

6. Or someone has gone in for the ultimate stich-up...

What was it I was told when I first started? Oh yes, 'Never leave your kit!'

7. What is one of the first things a soldier is taught during weapons handling…. Never leave your weapon more than an arms distance away :roll:

I’ll bet a shiny nugget that the junior is now suffering for his ASMs mistake.

8. You'd have thought an ASM would have know better. Bet he's not going to get the urine ripped out of him much. I mean how can you lose an SA80?

10. Typical! Lay the blame on a junior soldier...Why couldn't the ASM look after his own kit?

11. Let's face it, under certain circumstances anybody can lose a weapon (I personally know somebody who managed to "lose" a Charlie Gustav!). But you have to work quite hard at it.

MsG

12. his weapon, his reponsibility. End of story.

13. The answer's simple: Don't give REMFs weapons!

14. Don't tar us all with the same brush! I'm sure that a few Infantry Bods have 'misplaced' weapons.