Army runaway truck smashes house

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by blobmeister, Jan 12, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. From Ranger vehicle project:
    RANGER represents the next generation of mine resistant armour protected (MRAP) vehicles. However, unlike previous such equipments, RANGER achieves improved medium mobility, STANAG 4569 Level 4 protection as a minimum, has been designed from the crew outwards and offers a 6 tonne payload in the 6x6 and 8x8 variants.

The new vehicle destined for Afghanistan has broken away, rolled back into a house dropping the garage.
    Meridian Regional News | Merdian Tonight - ITV Local

Attached Files:

2. If the truck's a write-off then scrap the contract.

I remember our Saracen being VOR after being in collision with a Mini, the steering gear on the Sarry was a write-off!
  3. Didn't know the MoD had ordered any Rangers!!!
    I hope they have as it appears to be a first class vehicle.
  4. I had one almost cut me up the other day.
  5. They are big bastards, for sure, I guess the army are thinking they already
    Have the mastiff, ridgeback and bufalo, so why do they need the ranger!
    The thing is this one vehicle could replace them all, its British and BT all accounts better protected
    And has better off road performance. IMHO it could fulfill most of the Fres uv role
  6. B_AND_T

B_AND_T LE Book Reviewer

I saw that Ranger in Amesbury on Wednesday. Looks the business.
  7. I don't like the colour, do they do electric blue?
  8. Looks like a marder with big bastard tyres.
  9. They may do PINK for the REME B Mechs.
  10. Just to be clear, was not an Army or MOD vehicle that caused the damage, because, as rightly noted above, not a design that has been procured. So, dear reporters, "military specification" vehicle, but not an Army truck. And thus, for once, not HMG responsible for this rather spectacular mishap. But heh, let us not allow facts to get in the way of a good story.
  11. So you now trying to say Prince Harry wasn't driving it with Field Marshall Montgomery commanding and Private Balderick was shooting rabbits from the turret...............smells like one of those typical MOD cover ups to me........go on journos plenty more scoops in this story.