Army Rugby sponsored by SODEXHO - Can anything be done?

Discussion in 'Sports, Adventure Training and Events' started by BuggerAll, Apr 28, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. BuggerAll

BuggerAll LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

Sodexo is a major sponsor of the Army Rugby Union. One effect of this is that SODEXO is plastered all over the front of the ARU's shirts:

Of course its marvelous that sponsors come forward and pay shed loads of money to support Army teams and understandable that they should want their name on the kit but as a victim of Sodexo's appalling service I so despise them that I feel that Army Rugby is slightly tainted by having them as such a prominent sponsor.

I expect I'm just kicking against the pricks but I wonder if we (ARRSE) could launch a campaign to encourage more suitable sponsors to come forward.

Or perhaps ARRSE could arrange a DIY patch that anyone buying the shirt could put over the offending 'SODEXO' logo with suitable donations to RBL, ABF and H4H etc.

Unfortunately a family commitment takes me to Paris this weekend. I did suggest o the long haired CO that we could go to the match first and catch a Eurostar train after but she took a dim view of this plan. So I'm thinking ahead to next year. I understand that next year the ARU intend to have shirts in MTP. So an ARSSE patch would need to be sympathetic to that.
  2. how about a H4H patch to go across, I'm sure H4H would love the free press :D
  3. oldbaldy

oldbaldy LE Moderator Good Egg (charities)
    1. Battlefield Tours

Move the SSAFA logo from sleeve to front.

Job done
  4. Come and watch the Vets? I'll be the big nosed bloke getting punched Saturday morning at the back of the scrum.

We've got Enterprise sponsoring our shirts & at least they throw a lot of jobs service leavers way.......
  5. BuggerAll

Good luck, although with the good Lord swearing vengeance on your enemies you won't need it.
  6. You could always just suck it up princess, and get on with it. They are not cooking for you or fucking up your mess bill. They are sponsoring an event.

Is there anything you are happy with? You hate smoking, you hate Sodexo - I bet your wife thinks you are a right bundle of fun - the winter nights must fly by in your house.

Oh and it's ARRSE.
  7. Quote:
    We've got Enterprise sponsoring our shirts & at least they throw a lot of jobs service leavers way......

Yeah why don't Sodexo employ ex-serving personnel :?
  8. Vets didnt do to well in newbury against the RAF, very dissappointed i was drinking to a loose :D
  9. BuggerAll

Conflicting loyalties. Sodexo's concern is making a profit, rightly so, but part of the way they do it is to appear to promise the world when negotiating contracts and then wriggle out of as many obligations as they can in practice. Employees who retain loyalty to the customer may not want to go along with that.

I've met a few Ex service types or directly employed civies who's contracts were taken over and they are not usually too happy about their employer.

BTB Snail, This is ARRSE I'm as entitled as anyone else to raise any issue I want. You're free to disagree with me, it might be helpful if you say why but whatever. You're also free to rant if you want but it does make you look slightly petty (or should that be bonkers). You could also try humour, it might make you appear less bitter and twisted.
  10. I was merely correcting your spelling. You "up your own arse cunt". Enjoy the Eurostar.
  11. Were on for a win next year then. You wont be able to see your team to pass. But the ball is MTP we will be able to see you holding it haha.
    About time we got a win lol.
  12. BuggerAll

I don't think the team will be in MTP but the supporters shirts which are in Desert DPM will change to MTP.

The US Army have used ACU in their sports kit:

If they can I suppose we could too. I've also heard that Referees treat teams in Red more harshly than other teams. Probably just psychobabble bravo sierra.
  13. oldbaldy

oldbaldy LE Moderator Good Egg (charities)
    1. Battlefield Tours

I thought it was because they looked like the Welsh National side. :D
  14. Your knowledge of contracts and how they work is a prime example of a little knowledge being a dangerous thing.
  15. BuggerAll

Do tell...