Army role

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jam3s0408

Swinger
I just spoke to my CSM to tell him which job role I wanted to join, roles are quite restricted as I only got a D in Maths. I decided to go for the role of 'power engineer'. Although he told me I needed go pick a trade first? I don't really understand what he means and I'd be grateful if anyone could clear it up for me. Cheers

CatsEyes

War Hero
This might not be very helpful, but you could consider going back to your CSM and asking for an explanation.

I just spoke to my CSM to tell him which job role I wanted to join, roles are quite restricted as I only got a D in Maths. I decided to go for the role of 'power engineer'. Although he told me I needed go pick a trade first? I don't really understand what he means and I'd be grateful if anyone could clear it up for me. Cheers

The supply, distribution, running and maintenance of mobile power in the field. Generators. Either in the royal signals, or royal engineers, ( RE lights, if it still exists) also known as combat powerman, or signals electricians. For more clarification consult your nearest. ACIO, CSM. The word engineer is a misnomer, its nothing of the sort. you are a power distribution sparks, limited to your collection of generators and battery charging equipment, on discharge it has a limited use in civvie street. And will not get you a trade licence in the building or construction industry.

Last edited:

chimera

LE
Alternatively, you could try using a search engine on the internet:

As the poster above rightly says, this is a very niche Army related role.

Given that this is a Royal Signals role (which traditionally recruits the more intelligent of the Army intake), I am very surprised that your CSM has said that you have only limited roles available. Are you only interested in technical roles? Were you offered anything else in the Royal Engineers or Royal Signals? There are plenty of RE roles that you can go into with a D in Maths Although with your current D grade you will not be able to join as a Electrician Royal Engineers, which is like a civvie sparky (and similarly qualified).

Ditto Army Air Corps Ground Crew:

etc, etc just spend a little time looking.

So I would strongly suggest going back to your CSM and asking what is really available, not whatever trade he needs to fill that week. Alternatively, can you do some more learning and re-take your Maths exam

Alternatively, you could try using a search engine on the internet:

Given that this is a Royal Signals role (which traditionally recruits the more intelligent of the Army intake), I am very surprised that your CSM has said that you have only limited roles available. Are you only interested in technical roles? Were you offered anything else in the Royal Engineers or Royal Signals? There are plenty of RE roles that you can go into with a D in Maths:

Ditto Army Air Corps Ground Crew:

etc, etc just spend a little time looking.

So I would strongly suggest going back to your CSM and asking what is really available, not whatever trade he needs to fill that week.

A much more concise answer than mine. Good luck to what ever trade you choose, it will at some point stand you in good stead.

So I would strongly suggest going back to your CSM and asking what is really available, not whatever trade he needs to fill that week.
This should be a sticky post a the top of the forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads