army reserves

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by greeny140, Sep 29, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. any one herd any more rumours on the t.a changing name to army reserves, with new contracts? been talking about it for ages just wondering when it will happen?

2. Nothing heard but in this time of financial ruin anything could happen.
    Would be very interested in any news.
    ET

3. Territorial Army

became the 'Reserve Army'

became the 'Reserve Corps'

became the 'Reserve infantry Corps'

became the 'Reserve Infantry'

became the 'Reserve Infantry Battalion'

became part of the Army.

4. Frankly what they call it is the least of our problems.

I'd not be surprised to find an expensive "Rebranding" Ex being proposed tho. We were stopped from using the old TA logo as it was not "One Army" and looked dated, which was fair enough I suppose.

5. Not going to be rebranded, that costs money. Something the MoD just has not got.

6. I'd be suprised if the name was changed given that recently the centenary was celebrated, losing such a long tradition would be a shame.

7. You think that matters to an SO1 looking to get a recommend for 1up on his OJAR? But the complete lack of money will have kyboshed it for a year or so ...

8. Not this old wifes tale again 8O

9. I'm still looking for someone to herd up all the rumours....

10. Large battalions any one....Scots for starters, how may centuries of tradidtion did some of those Regiments have?

11. The_Duke

The_Duke LE Moderator

What, the individual regiments that merged to form the Royal Regiment of Fiji? :wink:

12. rampant

rampant LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

Quick fag packet calculation and wikipedia, the combined age of the antecedent regiments of the Royal Regiment of Scotland is 2051yrs, that's a lot of tradition.

13. I disagree, in the run up to an election a rebrand and a load of promises your party has no chance of having to fulfill is a damn sight cheaper than providing any real equipment/ money for Afghan and the guys out there. I'm not saying it will happen, just that the cost of re-branding will not be a factor if it grabs a few headlines for liarbour...