Hey guys

I'm curious to know the policy within the army reserve when it comes to getting medically discharged.

Do you need to ask for a medical discharge or can the reserve discharge you? And if so, how can they unless they go through your doctor to find out what's on your record.

Do the army request that reserves get an up to date RGMD every year, or not. Is the medical side of the reserve not as strick as the regs?

It's just that, I had hell of a nightmare getting in the reserve, all because I was taking Opromozel for reflux; it took me 2years and now I've finally been attested! Just got to get my training out the way now (I'm a rejoiner).

However, I been having stomach pains for the last 3 weeks, so just been to the doctors today and she wants to do blood test, but then wrote me a prescription for Omeprazole, which I said I didn't want, but she insisted I take them for 1 month just to see if it helps or not.

Anyway, I'm worried that the army might want medical updates every so often, which in turn, I think, would get me discharged. Or doesn't it matter now that I'm in.

Any help would be very much appreciated guys, thank you.

Mrsheeny

War Hero
Persec. Probably change your avatar, probabaly your username too.

On another note, haven’t you posted before for a similar issue under a similar username? @Scottyhardstyle

I’m sure if you post this in the medical thread there will be plenty of info. From what I’ve read on the JSP950 the rules are stricter for joining than they are once you’re in. I reckon there’s be plenty of people on omeprazole, doctors hand them out like sweets. I was on them for a year, but it says they’re only supposed to be for short term use.

Last edited:
Still trying to find the thread or link to click on so I can post it lol

Thanks for the input, I'll change it now

Yes I thought I did create an account before, but I couldn't remember. And that is the name I used before lol

It was a similar issue, but it was in regards to my application being rejected because of those tablets. My NRC and Csgt really managed to help me out to get me attessted.

Thanks for the reply mate.

FakeSheikh2

Old-Salt
Omeprazole is used to treat gastroesophageal reflux disease, peptic ulcer & used to prevent upper gastrointestinal bleeding, it might effect you if you have a stomach ulcer but until asked do not worry as your GP can state the reason why they issued it to you.

Personally I take gaviscon double action for reflux & avoid green vegetables especially cucumber.

Omeprazole is used to treat gastroesophageal reflux disease, peptic ulcer & used to prevent upper gastrointestinal bleeding, it might effect you if you have a stomach ulcer but until asked do not worry as your GP can state the reason why they issued it to you.

Personally I take gaviscon double action for reflux & avoid green vegetables especially cucumber.
Thanks for your input, I appreciate it.

Gaviscorn works for a Bit, but then it might come back. I fast through the day and I don't have it at all, but soon as I eat certain surgery foods, it comes back real bad. I just need to stop eating shit, but its soooo hard like... I've been binge eating cakes and shit since I was a kid and it's just something I need to break.

canyou knock off spamming every single thread with the same question? It's boring.

canyou knock off spamming every single thread with the same question? It's boring.
I thought this was a community for people to ask questions?

I posted my question but it hasn't had a definitive answer; do you know the answer? If not, could you point me in the right direction? Because it's just going to be the same old "BORING" question otherwise.

But thanks for your reply

I'd suggest that if no-one has answered, either a) they don't care or b) they don't know. At a guess, and it's a guess, the best person to ask would be your Reserve CoC, in particular the TACOS part of it.

Posting your medical worries on a thread for 335 MER for example is utterly pointless, and just wastes time.

I thought this was a community for people to ask questions?

I posted my question but it hasn't had a definitive answer; do you know the answer? If not, could you point me in the right direction? Because it's just going to be the same old "BORING" question otherwise.

But thanks for your reply
Enhance your calm John Spartan.

what you need to do is take the medication/treatment as recommended by your Dr.

Treat the condition first as your health is far more important than any job, even a part-time one.
Once the condition is fully understood, treated/undergoing long term treatment, then you can worry about your job. If you don't take the treatment then there is a good chance you'll get binned for not being fit due to an untreated condition.

Medical standards for those who have completed training are different to those who have completed it

Daxx

MIA
Book Reviewer
Enhance your calm John Spartan.

what you need to do is take the medication/treatment as recommended by your Dr.

Treat the condition first as your health is far more important than any job, even a part-time one.
Once the condition is fully understood, treated/undergoing long term treatment, then you can worry about your job. If you don't take the treatment then there is a good chance you'll get binned for not being fit due to an untreated condition.

Medical standards for those who have completed training are different to those who have completed it
I would unconditionally trust a person who wears a Unicorn costume to a funeral.

I would unconditionally trust a person who wears a Unicorn costume to a funeral.
I have found it gives a level of gravitas and authority that a mere suit can never achieve