Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Army Reserve - Location Change

Hi all,

First post so apologies if this has been asked before, but I did have a look and couldn't see an answer.

How possible is it to change base location during officer reserve training due to a change in your civilian job? Is it even allowed and if it is would it be frowned upon?

For background, I work in financial services, I'm based in Edinburgh and if I move it will be to London.

Thanks!

How possible is it to change base location during officer reserve training due to a change in your civilian job? - Yes

Is it even allowed - Yes

would it be frowned upon - No

It would be an indicator of your ability to assess if the situation has changed, make a contingency plan and have the confidence to speak up to your CoC and make it happen. Precisely what you are there to do as a PO or YO.

Hi all,

First post so apologies if this has been asked before, but I did have a look and couldn't see an answer.

How possible is it to change base location during officer reserve training due to a change in your civilian job? Is it even allowed and if it is would it be frowned upon?

For background, I work in financial services, I'm based in Edinburgh and if I move it will be to London.

Thanks!
If you were a trainee officer reservist you could ask your own adjutant, or even the company office, this very basic question instead of coming to this non-MOD site.