Army reserve joining wait time and training time

Hi all as of the moment I'm 17 years and 7 months old so as of yet as I understand that I'm unable to sign up until the start of may, however In the meantime I was wondering the what the wait time will be to start training. Since as much as I might not like it iam unable to be around for training throught August if it was the case that I would start then. Of course I realise that it's quite disrespectful to ask the army to wait on you, so would you recommend that I instead apply in September? I'm also quite curious to know how long the training for the army reserve lasts I'm hoping to join the fourth mercian regiment if that's any help. Cheers

Last edited:

Mrsheeny

War Hero
From when you sign on the dotted line (or the electronic dotted line) you’re talking 2-3months before you’re put on selection, if everything goes well on selection maybe 2 more months before you’re on Alpha and if you want to you can do the 3 week back to back Alpha/Bravo.

Took me 3 months from signing up to actually going on selection.

Just be patient, time seems longer when you’re 17, 3 months is nothing.

From when you sign on the dotted line (or the electronic dotted line) you’re talking 2-3months before you’re put on selection, if everything goes well on selection maybe 2 more months before you’re on Alpha and if you want to you can do the 3 week back to back Alpha/Bravo.

Took me 3 months from signing up to actually going on selection.

Just be patient, time seems longer when you’re 17, 3 months is nothing.
+1 on this. Applied December 2019 due for selection end March.

Latest Threads