Army Reserve Infantry Training (6 SCOTS )

Hello.

I am considering joining the Army reserve, specifically 6 SCOTS.

How is infantry reserve training structured? , as I've been told it's a 2 week course at Catterick vs ongoing weekend training, which is what I was expecting.

Phase 1 (Alpha) is a week long basic intro to soldiering (foot drill, weapon handling, how to admin yourself in the field) which can be split over multiple weekends. Phase 1 (Bravo) is a two-week consolidated course at a regular Phase 1 depot (more drill, ranges, CBRN, BCD etc). Then it's off to Catterick for Phase 2, the Reserve Combat Infantryman's Course (two weeks: one on the ranges and one on ex). From an 'orrible idle civvy to a steely-eyed harbinger of death in five weeks. That's how it was when I did it anyway.

Give 6 SCOTS a ring to find out the gen: 0141 224 5453. Try some Google-Fu.

Phase 1 (Alpha) is a week long basic intro to soldiering (foot drill, weapon handling, how to admin yourself in the field) which can be split over multiple weekends. Phase 1 (Bravo) is a two-week consolidated course at a regular Phase 1 depot (more drill, ranges, CBRN, BCD etc). Then it's off to Catterick for Phase 2, the Reserve Combat Infantryman's Course (two weeks: one on the ranges and one on ex). From an 'orrible idle civvy to a steely-eyed harbinger of death in five weeks. That's how it was when I did it anyway.

Give 6 SCOTS a ring to find out the gen: 0141 224 5453. Try some Google-Fu.
Don't suppose you know how many times a year they run Phase 1B & 2 courses, and if so, when?

They're both run pretty often. Bravo is done at several locations so there's loads of them and CIC is once a month at least? There are probably a couple more over the summer as all the students on holiday will be doing it now.

Give them a ring mate, you're not committing yourself just by phoning and asking for info. The Reserves are good fun, you'll enjoy it.