Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Army reserve deployement

Just a quick question, I want to go on deployment as soon as i finish the necessary training. Rifles reserves London.

If I volunteer for deployment on any ops will i still be able to get my civvie pay matched. Or is that only for forced deployment ie. Brown envelope through mail?

Thanks

Just a quick question, I want to go on deployment as soon as i finish the necessary training. Rifles reserves London.

If I volunteer for deployment on any ops will i still be able to get my civvie pay matched. Or is that only for forced deployment ie. Brown envelope through mail?

Thanks
Ask your permanent staff

Thanks

Honestly I dont know but if that is true and you get your civi pay matched while on tour then thats a really good way to get paid well for doing infantry work. I earn A LOT more in civi st than I ever could have in the army. If I could go back in to the stabs, skip all the barracks stuff and go straight on tour and get paid my civi wage, *i'd do it

I doubt it though or there would be less of a recruitment shortfall and a lot more gentlemen adventurers.

Let us know how you get on.

* As long as I can keep my beard. It's about time the British army's got over it's weird aversion to neatly trimmed facial hair and obsession with shaving.

such as......? There aren't enough tours for us without offering them to reserves....

There is still stuff going on in Afghan, mostly stagging on but always the possibility of a bit of action and It wont be long before we have to save the world again from an evil dictator only to find out what comes afterwords is far worse and unwinnable anyway.

I'd give it 2 years max before we end up in Africa, Kenya for example, fighting a Alan's lot.

There is still stuff going on in Afghan, mostly stagging on but always the possibility of a bit of action and It wont be long before we have to save the world again from an evil dictator only to find out what comes afterwords is far worse and unwinnable anyway.

I'd give it 2 years max before we end up in Africa, Kenya for example, fighting a Alan's lot.
Yeah, nothing major though is my point. Im doing Mali this year as a bod. The point I am making is there are no real Regt'l tours so he will be lucky to get one as a sprog(V).

You get the equivalent of your civi pay wether it's voluntary or not as long as you can prove what you earn, ie pay stubs or tax return. You need at least 1 calendar years worth.

As for tours, 7 Rifles has UN duty in Cyprus this and 6 Rifles is going next. Perhaps you lot might get it after that. Ya never know.

Thanks to everyone who answered.

You get the equivalent of your civi pay wether it's voluntary or not as long as you can prove what you earn, ie pay stubs or tax return. You need at least 1 calendar years worth.

As for tours, 7 Rifles has UN duty in Cyprus this and 6 Rifles is going next. Perhaps you lot might get it after that. Ya never know.

Are you sure about this information, because I know from the gov website it says "if called up we will match civvie pay" but the keywords "IF CALLED". Thats what caused a bit of confusion.

And yes i can provide pay slips and self employed tax return.

Thanks to everyone who answered.

Are you sure about this information, because I know from the gov website it says "if called up we will match civvie pay" but the keywords "IF CALLED". Thats what caused a bit of confusion.

And yes i can provide pay slips and self employed tax return.

You volunteer to get volunteered, I.e. you say you wish to mobilise then you are brown lettered (compulsorily mobilised) as without this you would not have any employment protection for your civvy job.

My experience is out of date but I don’t recall hearing anything about the mobilisation process changing.

You volunteer to get volunteered, I.e. you say you wish to mobilise then you are brown lettered (compulsorily mobilised) as without this you would not have any employment protection for your civvy job.

My experience is out of date but I don’t recall hearing anything about the mobilisation process changing.

Aha I see what your saying now. That makes much more sense actually. Thanks

The RY are going to Poland on Op CABRIT later this year.

One of the Rifles locations in London actually falls under the LONDONS: F Company in Hammersmith.