Army Reserve Assessment Centre

Not looking about joining or advice. Just research

am I right in saying:

1 - apply online
2 - attend assessment centre (assessment tests, medical, fitness test)
3 - sworn in

do you have to go to your GP prior to assessment centre?

what about vetting? What stage is it done at?

Is there an interview?

GP fills in a long form called RGMD, it’s basically a tick box exercise based on JSP 950. If your doc ticks yes in any column then “computer says no” when it gets to Capita.

When people say they get stuck in “the medical” it’s almost always this step.

Last edited:
The level of the vetting depends on the regiment you are applying for. For infantry it's a basic DBS check. Mine came back cleared less that 24hrs after providing my information (passport number, national insurance number, driving license, address etc).

On the RGMD front, best off speaking to your doctor first to make sure he understands what's required.

Drop me a message if you need any info (anyone). Recently passed assessment centre and moving forward nicely so at the point of attesting next week

GP fills in a long form called RGMD, it’s basically a tick box exercise based on JSP 950. If your doc ticks yes in any column then “computer says no” when it gets to Capita.

When people say they get stuck in “the medical” it’s almost always this step.

so your medical for joining is solely with your GP, Reviewed by Capita and then based on that you are called to assessment centre for fitness test etc?

Is there another medical after that?

Tingtang22

Clanker
so your medical for joining is solely with your GP, Reviewed by Capita and then based on that you are called to assessment centre for fitness test etc?

Is there another medical after that?
You have a medical at the assessment centre along with the phys and interviews

Leedsboy

Clanker
Got mine this week for the Reserves. Is it turn up for 0800 in gym kit, hang around for medical then leave late afternoon? If you change after fitness test is dress smart casual?

Prospect1

Clanker
I was told by my candidate support manager I will be sent a kitlist and some other stuff before I attend I haven’t received anything yet. Is it normally sent so many days before I do I need to chase her up.

I have my resevere assessment centre coming up and was wondering what they asked you about in your interview.

Interview is not a grilling, it’s more of a chat and debrief on how you did in the previous activities and what your options and next steps are. Nothing to worry about.

Does any one know why the reserves (and possibly the regulars) want three types if ID documents at the assessment centre?

Photo ID
Proof of address
Proof of nationality.

You can use a passport for the 1st or 3rd but not them both.

Is there a reason behind it or is it just a pointless bit of admin?

Army mama

Clanker
Does any one know why the reserves (and possibly the regulars) want three types if ID documents at the assessment centre?

Photo ID
Proof of address
Proof of nationality.

You can use a passport for the 1st or 3rd but not them both.

Is there a reason behind it or is it just a pointless bit of admin?
Hi, it was the same for my son and he joined the regulars. Basically your photo ID can be a document other than your passport eg a driving license. But if you are using your passport for both your photo ID and proof of nationality then you’ll only require two I’m sure. Just remember
you cannot use one form of identification for both name and address.For example, if you provide your driving licence as proof of your name you must provide another form of identification for your address, such as a utility bill. Speak with your AFCO who can help if you are stuck and good luck with your basic training.

Latest Threads