Hello all,

I am new to this forum site and i have not really seen many threads relating to the application process and assessment centre for the Reserves. I have trawled through a few and there are the odd threads that touch on this - so i thought i would open this one up for new Reserve applicants and anyone currently going through the process to assist each other and offer any advice.

I am currently considering applying for the Reserves as an Officer, as i absolutely love my civilian job and would like to also experience the amazing opportunities the military also have to offer. I also think that the skills i will gain and work on being in the British Army will assist my civilian role too.

Any other people currently in the same boat, and considering applying?

Any people who have applied and have gotten so far with their application/assessments so far? if so, how have you found this process? How did you prepare, and do you have any advice you could give to others?

I hope people find this thread useful, as i hope it will get some more active discussion around Reserve recruitments.

Not an officer so can't say much on that side of things. As far as prep goes just get fit, however fit you think you are now just get fitter! At selection it's fairly simple, be a team player and give it your best in everything. You will do selection with people joining the regs and it's no different so crack on and give it everything you have.

When you get to training listen, do as your told (exactly as you are told) and work hard. The fitter you are the easier it is really. I found selection a good laugh to be honest.

Not an officer so can't say much on that side of things. As far as prep goes just get fit, however fit you think you are now just get fitter! At selection it's fairly simple, be a team player and give it your best in everything. You will do selection with people joining the regs and it's no different so crack on and give it everything you have.

When you get to training listen, do as your told (exactly as you are told) and work hard. The fitter you are the easier it is really. I found selection a good laugh to be honest.
How did you find the Act test?

Not too bad really. It would be helpful if you get to see some practice questions before you go, just to give you an idea on what it's all about. On the day you just crack on and if you're not sure on one just guess and move on.

Not too bad really. It would be helpful if you get to see some practice questions before you go, just to give you an idea on what it's all about. On the day you just crack on and if you're not sure on one just guess and move on.
I got a practice test sent to my portal iv done it today seems relitavley easy but I'd love to find out my score for the practice test.

Just make sure you take a moment to read each question properly. It's surprisingly easy to **** a question up by answering it a little too quickly and misreading it. It's not rocket science though. What cap badge you looking at?

Just make sure you take a moment to read each question properly. It's surprisingly easy to **** a question up by answering it a little too quickly and misreading it. It's not rocket science though. What cap badge you looking at?
Royal artillery want to go in as a light gunner in the reserve

Latest Threads