Army Regular Reserves to be called up

Holcome brook
Holcomb Moor camp. Now county HQ Greater Manchester ACF.

The krypton factor assault course was replaced with a military one in 2002/3. I was one of the last over the krypton factor course before it closed before removal.

It looks remarkably like 206 to me on one level. Body shapes are similar but I can't see the faces to confirm.
Agreed. Can't make out the faces. Shapes were quite similar between 206 and 207 . . . quite bulky some of my blokes were.

Similar diets.
Actually, when I was over in NI for some sort of training (Newtonards, IIRC), I can remember a certain Bombardier being referred to as Brigadier . . . seemingly allegedly his rank in the UDF

Actually, when I was over in NI for some sort of training (Newtonards, IIRC), I can remember a certain Bombardier being referred to as Brigadier . . . seemingly allegedly his rank in the UDF
New one on me but Newtonards is Newtonards. There was a Bombardier who was affectionately refered to as "Brigadier" due to his seniority but I can't think of anything else in that vein.

UDF was a terrorist organisation, so he would have been scooped up if he were a member.

Also a UDF brigadier was quite a significant rank. There was one for each county iirc. Six.

QRK2

LE
Wouldn't surprise me if someone in the Household Div has already dreamt up new double-spacing drill where you all remain min two paces apart.
Yes in use at RMAS for the last two weeks or so. Whilst all other initial training establishments are closed not only has the factory gone on but its inmates were travelling home at the weekends.

Mind you they have canx a 3 day Ex that they were going to do on Barrossa as there are so many civis using it at the moment.

slick

LE
Personally I feel that sort of thing should be continued.

Lots of old village/community halls would have a kitchen large hall etc.

I remember many of the ones I used as a nipper would have easily had a area for general admin and enough class rooms for sleeping.

Wire in a slack handful of phones and broadband and enable the powering from an external generator, maybe some cellars and you're away.

The ta has essentially gone but I'd like to see a location based, multi discipline unit in various locations. A city like Manchester could probably support a BN, others a coy or troop.

Retain former regs and reserves in a HSF cum pioneer and driver trade for home use only.

Call out for dramas in the local area.

Maybe a commitment of 14 days on supp 2 with £1k bounty, joining bonus for first three to five years with free dental and medical. Maybe even a tax break.

If someone didn't answer when called on that could be reclaimed.
I came across this website earlier, never heard of them before, although it seems they started in 2015.... Joint Civil Aid Corps

slick

LE
I like the cut of their jib. Needs government buy in though, and possibly support.

I've always favoured the idea that these 4x4 assistance groups should receive free road tax. Based on training turn out and live shout attendance.
Have a look at Serveon. International USAR team with multiple international deployments and community resilience teams, including swift water rescue and dog search teams who have done a lot of flood response, and other, wotk in the UK. Large ex-forces and fire service involvement.
www.serveon.org.uk

Latest Threads