Army Regular Reserves to be called up

Talk in the news this AM about reserves being deployed as they think the problem is going to get worse and more help required for deliveries, building temp hospitals and other works in support of NHS.

has anyone had the call up?

my wife’s doing my head in, my go bag is ready and phone off silent.
The government says that there are 10,000 like you just waiting for the word.

Talk in the news this AM about reserves being deployed as they think the problem is going to get worse and more help required for deliveries, building temp hospitals and other works in support of NHS.

has anyone had the call up?

my wife’s doing my head in, my go bag is ready and phone off silent.
Still no envelope through my door.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
Oh c'mon, get with the times, you'll probably get a tweet/whatsapp message or a FB message :cool:

Jonnynoname

Old-Salt
The Dalmeny St DH was sold off by one of our old and venerable officers who did his job but was heartbroken to do so. He was also very much involved in the 10Oth anniversary of the train smash at Quintinshill, just outside Gretna. The commemoration parade left Dalmeny Street and marched round to Pilrig Cemetery where over 100 Royals from the smash are hurried. The Regiment parades at the cemetery every year on the Saturday closest to the anniversary and a service is held at the Memorial. Looking like that won't be able to happen this year.
You haven'tived Till you stayed at this place. Stayed a couple of nights here too... Horrible

Jonnynoname

Old-Salt
Infact i remember growing up in Dunblane there was an old Plumb er called Otto. was an ex prisoner at cultybraggan. Was U boats. Married a local and i remember his daughter.. A mate was Banging her. She was married to a merchant sea man.
Just throw ing this Story in there

Perhaps isolate the reserves from family so when needed they are cv19 free?
Genius idea! They all should be called up and transported to a barracks awaiting the CoC to tell them what to do when needed :) Should be there a couple of months at least, this should have blown over by then.
Now to sort out the practical stuff. You can be a carrier but not display symptoms, that's OK we can test them all. Will need a big barracks so that they're properly socially isolated just in case there are any carriers which haven't been found by testing and the whole barracks needs to be completely isolated, including food chain etc.
It's a masterpiece of an idea, bet you were top of your class.

Don't wait for an envelope, there are loads of Arrsers in the know, <taps side of nose, knowingly>
You'd think they'd have fecked off with embarrassment after posting that bollocks about 'tanks' being deployed to Tescos and Lidl!
It seems to be the same characters of doom and gloom.

Last edited:

FakeSheikh2

Old-Salt
Genius idea! They all should be called up and transported to a barracks awaiting the CoC to tell them what to do when needed :) Should be there a couple of months at least, this should have blown over by then.
Now to sort out the practical stuff. You can be a carrier but not display symptoms, that's OK we can test them all. Will need a big barracks so that they're properly socially isolated just in case there are any carriers which haven't been found by testing and the whole barracks needs to be completely isolated, including food chain etc.
It's a masterpiece of an idea, bet you were top of your class.
I looked at your answers, hence we both failed

Jonnynoname

Old-Salt
Been there, dun it, got the t-shirt! Nissan Huts were designed for speed of build and not for comfort!
Aye Auld-Yin..... just did a display for cadets & families. brought a light gun into action. was displays by other people too. Remember in Edinburgh we did a display & 4 RTR were there with a feckin Tank but could not get it into the grass area we set up in. was too wide to get in the entrance of the park :D next to our stand was the Royal Scots.

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
STOP LISTENING TO THE NEWS!! Firstly, you're a facking moron for reading the Express, they've been saying that we're going to have apocalyptic snow storms for weeks now. Secondly, in fact there isn't a secondly, stop reading that tabloid bullsh1t facking scum sh1t
Silly sausage...he can always cut it into handy squares for use in its proper function....hanging from a piece of string in the dunny.

Very little, no planes are flying!
Ahhh?

This will come as interesting news to Number 1 apprentice, who has just popped over to Costa Rica to bring one back......

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
Full of twats?

More seriously, higher proportion of skiers fresh from the Italian slopes?
Catch on hey ya bog trotter.

I think second reason is nearer the mark....lots of ex Service types in the county, of all three flavours so I'm sure there could well be a wintersports connection.

Army at Bulford,Tidworth,Andover.
Navy in Pompey
Air Force in The Crowne Plaza ....er...Odiham

Turns out UK patient Zero is from neighbouring Sussex...he'd been skiing in an Austrian hooray henry resort called Ischgl - now ID'd as a throbbing twitching focal point for COVID-19

SOURCE

'Patient zero' fears he brought coronavirus to UK from ski resort in January

The UK's coronavirus patient zero is an 'IT consultant who caught the killer bug at an Austrian ski party' and started spreading it weeks earlier than was thought.

Daren Bland from Maresfield, East Sussex, is understood to have infected his wife Sarah and children after returning from Ischgl in mid January.

The 50-year-old joined three friends there from January 15 to 19, with the others travelling home - two to Denmark and one to Minnesota in the US - sick.

Fatal mistakes

In the meantime, there was also a confirmed infection in Ischgl itself. On the evening of 7 March, a 36-year-old German was tested positive. He worked as a bartender in a popular après-ski bar, packed with tourists from all over the world every evening. The diagnosis came two days after Iceland’s classification of Ischgl as a risk area and one day before Norway’s announcement of the Tyrol infections.

The next day the Tyrolean state government declared that a transmission to guests of the bar was “rather unlikely from a medical point of view.” The next day, 15 people from the barkeeper’s circle tested positive, and the provincial government made a rhetorical U-turn: It could “not be excluded that there is a connection to some of the people who tested positive in Iceland.”

The bar was closed on 10 March. But the ski operations continued on 7 and 8 March, when the infections of the bartender and his acquaintances were already known.

In the following week, the diagnoses increased in Tyrol, the province became the corona hotspot of Austria, where the virus spread the fastest. Some communities were put under quarantine, but others, which were right next door, were not.

Did you ski in Austria in late season this year? hmmmmmmm.....

Last edited:

Latest Threads