Army Regular Reserves to be called up

Jonnynoname

Old-Salt
Remember 129 very well.

I was in MB11 next to the cookhouse.

I was posted so got left behind when they moved to topcliffe. So had to put up with the cretins from 3RHA for a month or so.
They must have moved in camp then, when single i was in MB 51 i think. parade square in front of the block and the main drag. 1 RHA were there too next to us. we converted to Abbots for one med man in canada. used 1 rha abbots for the pre training.

we then did a cape tour for our Regiment and stayed at the TA place. Dalmeny street? can´t really remember. we were 40 Field RA. was a great time.
Dalmeny Street was the Edinburgh detachment (CP and 1 Troop of guns) I was Glasgow based, OP, BC and another Troop of guns.

They must have moved in camp then, when single i was in MB 51 i think. parade square in front of the block and the main drag. 1 RHA were there too next to us. we converted to Abbots for one med man in canada. used 1 rha abbots for the pre training.
If that was the square down of the gun park with the screws mess, qms and rhq on it. We had to move there when 3 turned up.

1RHA weren't there.

At the time it was 32 RE, Light Dragoons, 1AFA, 207 SIGs, 7 bde hq, (was it 22 armoured when you were there?) Some rmp coy, ditto int.

In fallyiirc it was sdg, 2rtr and rhf, with 2rrf in Celle.

Jonnynoname

Old-Salt
Dalmeny Street was the Edinburgh detachment (CP and 1 Troop of guns) I was Glasgow based, OP, BC and another Troop of guns.
yes like i wrote before this was in 88. we travelled around to with a Light Gun doing displays(got it from TA in newcastle). I got my picture in some Edinburgh newspaper, was sitting on the light Gun layers seat behind a young boy showing the dial sight. we had to always watch in case someone nicked it..LOL.
some 10 Battery with us too had a Javelin simulator for dry training which the kids loved.

Jonnynoname

Old-Salt
If that was the square down of the gun park with the screws mess, qms and rhq on it. We had to move there when 3 turned up.

1RHA weren't there.

At the time it was 32 RE, Light Dragoons, 1AFA, 207 SIGs, 7 bde hq, (was it 22 armoured when you were there?) Some rmp coy, ditto int.

In fallyiirc it was sdg, 2rtr and rhf, with 2rrf in Celle.
I still live in Celle. yes i remember the grunts in celle, Green jackets, R Anglians , 2 RRF. camp is closed now it´s a refugee camp :( looks like shit now. Trenchard Bks. I still know some R Anglians here.

I still live in Celle. yes i remember the grunts in celle, Green jackets, R Anglians , 2 RRF. camp is closed now it´s a refugee camp :( looks like shit now. Trenchard Bks. I still know some R Anglians here.
What's Taunton Bks like now? Didn't the Germans use it for the ratskeller?

You might find it doesn't play that way, at all.

However, my volunteer reserve unit has PhD grads and PhD students, a trainee barrister, and several other professional types clamouring to drive vans and hump boxes.

One lawyer has already mentioned his skills to include the time he was driving plant for his dad, in case FLT drivers are needed. I believe he's even been practicing.

What's your very important professional qualification we couldn't do without?
Sounds like a bit of a free for all. What's your volunteer unit - the A Team?

Yup. Handed back to us ifntri.. tinfintry... nifrinty... grunt types in January 1990. It was the drill hall for the old 7th (Leith) Bn The Royal Scots - used as a temporary mortuary after the Gretna rail disaster. The BBC coverage of the centenary includes some interior shots of the hall, although you won't recognise it. @Auld-Yin can add details...

It was disposed of as a result of SDR; some bright spark had decided that the sale of East Claremont Street would fetch more cash, but it was gently pointed out to the dumbass concerned that: a) refitting Dalmeny Street would cost a shedload more than the difference, and b) duty rumour had it that the ownership of East Claremont Street wasn't for the MoD to give up quite so easily. So A Coy got to stay in ECS, and Dalmeny Street was sold off.

It's now known as "The Drill Hall", and is an arts and crafts hub / collective. They've done a lot with it, and it looks rather nice inside. I've never managed to get back into my old office/store, mind...

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Yup. Handed back to us ifntri.. tinfintry... nifrinty... grunt types in January 1990. It was the drill hall for the old 7th (Leith) Bn The Royal Scots - used as a temporary mortuary after the Gretna rail disaster. The BBC coverage of the centenary includes some interior shots of the hall, although you won't recognise it. @Auld-Yin can add details...

It was disposed of as a result of SDR; some bright spark had decided that the sale of East Claremont Street would fetch more cash, but it was gently pointed out to the dumbass concerned that: a) refitting Dalmeny Street would cost a shedload more than the difference, and b) duty rumour had it that the ownership of East Claremont Street wasn't for the MoD to give up quite so easily. So A Coy got to stay in ECS, and Dalmeny Street was sold off.

It's now known as "The Drill Hall", and is an arts and crafts hub / collective. They've done a lot with it, and it looks rather nice inside. I've never managed to get back into my old office/store, mind...
The Dalmeny St DH was sold off by one of our old and venerable officers who did his job but was heartbroken to do so. He was also very much involved in the 10Oth anniversary of the train smash at Quintinshill, just outside Gretna. The commemoration parade left Dalmeny Street and marched round to Pilrig Cemetery where over 100 Royals from the smash are hurried. The Regiment parades at the cemetery every year on the Saturday closest to the anniversary and a service is held at the Memorial. Looking like that won't be able to happen this year.

Increasing by the day thus increasing the element of risk. Yet, there will still be countless numbers taking unnecessary risk. The message is clear, stay at home whenever possible.
Any ideas as to why Hampshire is so virus ridden?

ex_sigs

Old-Salt
Talk in the news this AM about reserves being deployed as they think the problem is going to get worse and more help required for deliveries, building temp hospitals and other works in support of NHS.

has anyone had the call up?

my wife’s doing my head in, my go bag is ready and phone off silent.

Latest Threads