Army Regular Reserves to be called up

Interesting link in today’s news.

How would this effect your lives and business?
Hope they have lots of larger sized uniforms..
A) have they mobilised the volunteer reserve yet (reserve of first choice I heard)*?
B) it's the express therefore likely to be bill hooks

*No is the answer we are looking for.

CDS will be rubbing his hands in glee - he's wanted this for years.

Have they run out of the Reserve of choice then?

ex_sigs

Old-Salt
Seems like reserve alone may not be enough to augment the police and NHS. Speaking to friends the reserve centres are struggling with numbers in some areas.

Many of the AMS reserves are in the NHS so calling them up for certain roles isn't going to work and I'm not certain that article is accurate about the call up age of 45

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
Many of the AMS reserves are in the NHS so calling them up for certain roles isn't going to work and I'm not certain that article is accurate about the call up age of 45
It's compulsory for all who served for forty-five years.

It's compulsory for all who served for forty-five years.
you think my reserve liability ends when I'm 87? or as i only did 24 years, one month and three days (not that I was counting) I didn't serve for 45 years so don't have a reserve liability?

I've been out a couple of years, am over 45 and I'm sure my last annual letter stated I still have a reserve liability for a few more years

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
you think my reserve liability ends when I'm 87? or as i only did 24 years, one month and three days (not that I was counting) I didn't serve for 45 years so don't have a reserve liability?

I've been out a couple of years, am over 45 and I'm sure my last annual letter stated I still have a reserve liability for a few more years
Whoosh !
:cool:

It'll be at best niche roles kept current through transitioning to an occupation similar to their time in green e.g. medical, logistical etc.

Let's face it, they can't even set aside the resources to finish training people already in the system (cited for 'health/ medical' reasons despite the massive gatherings publicised on FYB. SuTs after x number of weeks training/ indoctrination should have been kept barracked for potential public order duty etc) much less tens of thousands of regular reserve with a much more significant skill fade.

Still, the opportunity to baton some panic buyer across the solar plexus draws ever closer I guess :smile:

bob231

War Hero
It'll be at best niche roles kept current through transitioning to an occupation similar to their time in green e.g. medical.

Let's face it, they can't even set aside the resources to finish training people already in the system (cited for 'health/ medical' reasons despite the massive gatherings publicised on FYB. SuTs after x number of weeks training/ indoctrination should have been kept barracked for potential public order duty etc) much less tens of thousands of regular reserve with a much more significant skill fade.

Still, the opportunity to baton some panic buyer across the solar plexus draws ever closer I guess :smile:
Mmm. Given the medics and Field Hospitals are mostly NHS personnel anyway, I can't see them being mobilised really for any reason.

There might be selective call-up of the transport regiments for - as an example - ambulance drivers. But many of them are hauliers in their day jobs too (I've never understood this).

In the meantime, what's the regular Army doing other than sitting in barracks waiting to get sick?

Slime

LE
Excellent, we have the MOD saying soldiers should work from home where possible*, but also thinking of calling up reserves.

*I have visions of PM Johnson giving a Curchillian speech and saying we shall fight them from the sofas :)

Mmm. Given the medics and Field Hospitals are mostly NHS personnel anyway, I can't see them being mobilised really for any reason.

There might be selective call-up of the transport regiments for - as an example - ambulance drivers. But many of them are hauliers in their day jobs too (I've never understood this).

In the meantime, what's the regular Army doing other than sitting in barracks waiting to get sick?
BFA drivers tend to be Combat Med Techs. Because of the Armys insistence on Veh Fam they can't just stick anyone in a top heavy BFA and expect everything to be hunky dory, besides, most AR units supplying BFAs won't be able to kit the things out.

Latest Threads