Army regiment abbreviations

Discussion in 'Officers' started by 87mc12, Mar 27, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hey

Not sure if this is in the right place but wasn't sure where else to place it. I have my AOSB in 2 weeks and a friend of mine who has just taken it told me to look up the abbreviations of the regiments and cores. Anyone know where I can find these? Did some digging and couldn't find much on it bar what they were back in WW1

2. If you think there are "cores" in the Army, don't go to AOSB your English skills are not good enough!
  3. *corps

Fixed. My bad, not had much sleep recently
  4. AOSB or ASBO? :D
  5. Then I suggest you catch up before you go because they will expect you will need to have your wits about you.
  6. Thanks Stilts, this is perfect
  7. terroratthepicnic

terroratthepicnic LE Reviewer Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Runners

Just looked at this, very interesting. On the last page there is a global map of where deployments, garrisons and exercises are and a few are blank to be filled in. The one that is suppose to be pointing as Cyprus is pointing at Sicily.
  8. Oh those idiots of web-masters at Armynet! They may have ruined the OPSEC of Op Husky 2011!
  9. I wasn't going to mention it until you pointed out the above.

Since when has the Int Corps been of higher precedence than the Royal Signals? We may share an MCM Div now and the Int Corps seems to have been elevated to Combat Support Arms in stead of Support Services; that said my arrsehole hasn't moved, so the Int Corps is still junior to the Royal Corps.

What cretin did the footwork on that document?