Army recruits are living in appalling digs

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by arrsebluey, Oct 1, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. It as been reported that our army recruits are living in 'appalling' digs ,It makes you wonder our many other soldiers and there familys are living in such appalling conditions .

our government keeps saying time and time again they are going to sort the problem out but the problem seems never ending .

Our soldiers and there familys are owed a duty of care which they are not receiving .

LINK

2. Hello Chubb, new ID ??

3. She doesn't even need to post anything. You can tell by the profile picture she chooses everytime.

4. Oh, and her rediculous sig.

5. Or you could read her blog and then click here :roll:

6. At first I was quite shocked, as I really liked the poem. Then I clicked the second link...

7. 9 out of 10 times if she posts something reasonably well constructed and articulate it’s probably a copy and paste job :D

8. Or someones broken into her house and in between pissing on her floor and robbing her, decides to post something on the internet.

9. oldbaldy

oldbaldy LE Moderator Good Egg (charities)
    1. Battlefield Tours

There was me thinking recruits lived in barracks.

10. Soldiers live in shi* accommodation!, wow what a story. Hardly news.

11. I guess it must be terrible for the little loves.

Maybe if we let them bring their mums to basic with them so they can clean and iron for them it will be ok.

Frankly, when I was in I think I must have slept in every sort of accom there was, the nice big airy 24 men rooms at Pirbright, the nice second world war Browning Lines at Pirbight, got upgraded to 8 man rooms in Deepcut (didn't know what to do with the extra space), roughly 30 man rooms at Leccy, 4 man rooms in BFG, and the ulitmate Holy Grail. The single man room in Abingdon, with my own sink to p1ss in!

In all of those places I don't think I ever heard anyone complaining about the accom, if you thought your room was a bit sh1t, you did something about it.

It was all good practice for when we got to Bos and lived in tents for 6 months, god knows what these little darlings will be like when they get over to the sandpit and find out what their sleeping in there.

Sorry if I went on a bit but it really grips my sh1t when I hear of people complaining about stuff that when I was in was just considered normal, it's the Army for fcuks sake not daycare.

Here endeth the rant

12. I'm with Mac. Well said that man.

13. I do agree with you Mac, but it is just a bit of a tw@t that they look after prisoners better.
    You can train to live more sparsely on exercise.
    After a few years in the army I am sure you are entitled to live in a place that is at least up to the standard of prisons.

14. Youre so right arrsebluey. Just look at the shithole some people have to live in;

[​IMG]