Army Recruitment

Discussion in 'The Training Wing' started by wezzer, Jun 2, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I have recently tried to Join the Army but not been let in due to eczema. Apparently I am suppose to be free of eczema after three years but I was not told this until 3 months after doing my selection. In hindsight I should have been sent home from selection but instead I was told all I need to do is get a letter from my GP saying it was treated.

I have wasted my time and my doctors time as I have written three letters in saying my eczema is successfully treated which the Medical wing wanted.

Can I make my case known to higher powers within the Army recruitment group so I can get my situation looked at so that anyone else in my situation who has eczema is sent home immediatley from selection and doesnt go through the same drawn out process I have for no reason what so ever. I dont want anyone to be messed around like I have been.

2. Whats this got to do with training/fitness?
  3. Degrees of eczema widely vary, each one is taken on a case by case basis. I understand that you are gutted about being rejected, but get over it and move on.