Army Recovery Capability

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
Senor Dave,
not an expert but found this from a Time before History began....: |LINKY

New plans to support sick and injured soldiers
11 Feb 10

Soldiers who are sick or injured will be given enhanced support to help them successfully return to duty or transition into civilian life under new plans announced by the MOD today, Thursday 11 February 2010.

The Army Recovery Capability (ARC) will take soldiers from the point of injury or illness through to their return to duty or into a successful and supported civilian life.

Under the ARC, educational, occupational and welfare support will be delivered to soldiers in a military environment. The scheme will be delivered in partnership with the Service charities the Royal British Legion and Help for Heroes, as well as other Government Departments.

[snip]
Chief of the General Staff, General Sir David Richards, said:

"The ARC is designed to enable the swiftest return to duty, or the smoothest transition to an appropriately skilled and supported civilian life, for wounded, injured, or long term sick soldiers, irrespective of cause.

"It builds substantially on the significant progress that has already been made in the support provided to our servicemen and women. The ARC is all about the individual and what is right for their recovery needs, focusing on what personnel can do, not what they cannot. This is a positive step forward that will allow commanding officers to focus on operations, confident that the needs of their wounded, sick and injured soldiers are being met."

The Army Recovery Capability will be made up of four key components:

Personnel Recovery Branch

A Personnel Recovery Branch will co-ordinate all elements of the Army Recovery Capability and provide the focal point for all aspects of support to the transition of wounded, injured and long term sick personnel. It will keep track of all those who enter the recovery process - to the point of discharge and beyond - and will develop employment opportunities for those leaving the Army.

Personnel Recovery Units

A co-ordinated network of 12 Personnel Recovery Units will provide support and guidance to personnel on a recovery pathway. These units will be dispersed throughout the UK, with each region led by a commanding officer, who in turn will be guided by the Personnel Recovery Branch. The capability will provide occupational therapists, welfare staff, and links to training and educational organisations, charities and other Government Departments, ensuring that a holistic and fully joined-up service is provided.

Individual Recovery Plans

Every person on a recovery pathway will have a tailored recovery plan, which is developed, co-ordinated and managed by a Personnel Recovery Unit. This will ensure individuals are able to access the particular support they need at each stage of their recovery.

Personnel Recovery Centres

Experience shows that injured personnel find a military environment conducive to the best possible recovery, so we will provide purpose-built Personnel Recovery Centres around the UK. These centres, built by Help for Heroes and run jointly by the Royal British Legion and the Army, will provide a residential base for those who need it. Each centre will be located inside or close to Army sites, enabling access to Army facilities and support from the Army, including existing medical, educational and other garrison facilities. The first centre is based in Edinburgh, with a second likely to be based in Colchester.

There is a long history of charitable organisations contributing to the welfare of serving military personnel, veterans and their families; this relationship will be strengthened further through the introduction of the ARC, for the continued benefit of Armed Forces personnel

Like all old news, things have prolly moved on...best I can do....Slow to medium pace, right arm, round the wicket - how's that ?

E

EScotia

From Army Briefing Note 13/10 dated 10 Feb 10:

THE ARMY RECOVERY CAPABILITY (ARC)

9. Key components of the ARC will be:
a. A Personnel Recovery Branch providing assurance, direction and guidance from within the Army’s 3* Personnel and Support Command.
b. Personnel Recovery Units (PRU), one in each of the 10 regional Brigade areas as well as one in London and Germany, to provide support and guidance.
c. Individual recovery plans tailored to meet a soldier’s specific recovery needs.
d. Purpose-built Personnel Recovery Centres (PRCtrs).

10. The PRU will be responsible for integrating all aspects of a soldier’s recovery including medical, welfare, administrative, education, housing, re-skilling, life skills, work placements and employment.

11. Soldiers posted to the ARC will be under the command of the Commanding Officer of an appropriate PRU. The PRU will also keep the parent unit informed during stages of recovery. Contact will still be maintained by the parent unit when in barracks, unit rear parties will maintain contact at other times.

12. The first PRCtr is likely to be based in Colchester with further centres in Catterick, Tidworth / Bulford and a fourth centre in Edinburgh, which may replace the current Pathfinder in due course. The facilities and support provided by the PRCtrs will also be open to personnel from the two other Services, and mobilised reservists.

E

EScotia

Hopefully the emails worked. Date on the ABN is 10 Feb this year & I'm not aware of it being superceded. I have seen something on PAP 10 not being acted on robustly with "encouragement" (to normal people they would appear to be threats) to units to start engaging in the process.

Does anybody know what the mnemonic below stands for?

H - owever,
A - rab
R - eligious
D - ecapitation
F - orce
A - re
C - heeky
T - wats
S - eriously
Yes? No? Am I close?

It seems that H4H and the RBL are funding the ARC, I would have thought that it was the job of MOD to rehabilitate Serving Soldiers, particularly as they want to return them to duty. Time enough using Service Charities when they are medically discharged and need support.

The Princes Trust are offering places on the Team programme for wounded and long term sick. These places have been funded by Help for Heroes. I am the manager for organising placements.

Please see my post earlier for details and/ or get back to me for more info. Its a great programme to help rehab.

Danben19

Does anybody know what the mnemonic below stands for?

Health
Accommodation
Relocation
Drugs and Alcohol
Finance
Attitude
Children and Family
Training, Education and Employment
Supporting Agencies
Bit late but only just seen the thread - give me a shout if you require further info.

Thank you for the reply
SD, for whatever reason you seem to have a great interest in the ARC, is it for personal reasons or simply for general knowledge? If for personal reasons you should be aware via the system if for general interest and you have access to the Army Web site you will find all you need to know if you search for WISMIS or the ARC.

SD, for whatever reason you seem to have a great interest in the ARC, is it for personal reasons or simply for general knowledge? If for personal reasons you should be aware via the system if for general interest and you have access to the Army Web site you will find all you need to know if you search for WISMIS or the ARC.
Panzer check out who Spanish Dave is and what he has done for the families of KIA / wounded forces personel before leaping in, the rarely awarded Arrse charity 'rocker' is a hint. I take it you have not often been on the site the past few years.

He asks and the rest of us answer to the best of our ability, because he needs to know.