Army Recovery Capability

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Spanish_Dave, Jul 13, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Spanish_Dave

Spanish_Dave LE Good Egg (charities)

Does anybody have any in depth knowledge of the ARC they could share with me please?

Thanks

Dave

2. Are you talking Foden 6x6, Man SV(R) or welfare?

3. Spanish_Dave

Sorry mate, should have been a bit more clear - welfare is what I am after

4. Goatman

Goatman LE Book Reviewer

Senor Dave,
    not an expert but found this from a Time before History began....: |LINKY

Like all old news, things have prolly moved on...best I can do....Slow to medium pace, right arm, round the wicket - how's that ?

5. From Army Briefing Note 13/10 dated 10 Feb 10:

THE ARMY RECOVERY CAPABILITY (ARC)

9. Key components of the ARC will be:
    a. A Personnel Recovery Branch providing assurance, direction and guidance from within the Army’s 3* Personnel and Support Command.
    b. Personnel Recovery Units (PRU), one in each of the 10 regional Brigade areas as well as one in London and Germany, to provide support and guidance.
    c. Individual recovery plans tailored to meet a soldier’s specific recovery needs.
    d. Purpose-built Personnel Recovery Centres (PRCtrs).

10. The PRU will be responsible for integrating all aspects of a soldier’s recovery including medical, welfare, administrative, education, housing, re-skilling, life skills, work placements and employment.

11. Soldiers posted to the ARC will be under the command of the Commanding Officer of an appropriate PRU. The PRU will also keep the parent unit informed during stages of recovery. Contact will still be maintained by the parent unit when in barracks, unit rear parties will maintain contact at other times.

12. The first PRCtr is likely to be based in Colchester with further centres in Catterick, Tidworth / Bulford and a fourth centre in Edinburgh, which may replace the current Pathfinder in due course. The facilities and support provided by the PRCtrs will also be open to personnel from the two other Services, and mobilised reservists.

6. Spanish_Dave

Thanks for this guys!!

EScotia can you send me the rest of that document please and do you know how up to date it is?

Thanks

Dave

7. Hopefully the emails worked. Date on the ABN is 10 Feb this year & I'm not aware of it being superceded. I have seen something on PAP 10 not being acted on robustly with "encouragement" (to normal people they would appear to be threats) to units to start engaging in the process.

8. Spanish_Dave

Thanks for that mate

9. Spanish_Dave

Thanks for that Goatman

10. Spanish_Dave

Does anybody know what the mnemonic below stands for?

H
    A
    R
    D
    F
    A
    C
    T
    S

11. Yes? No? Am I close?

12. Spanish_Dave

No not close at all, I am trying to be serious even if you are not

13. It seems that H4H and the RBL are funding the ARC, I would have thought that it was the job of MOD to rehabilitate Serving Soldiers, particularly as they want to return them to duty. Time enough using Service Charities when they are medically discharged and need support.

14. The Princes Trust are offering places on the Team programme for wounded and long term sick. These places have been funded by Help for Heroes. I am the manager for organising placements.

Please see my post earlier for details and/ or get back to me for more info. Its a great programme to help rehab.

Danben19

15. .....It does everything you ever dreamed about. Ohh and more!