army quarter

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by glazebrook, Jan 20, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Not sure if I'm posting this on the right site but hopeful that someone might be able to advise. (No name or current location) My son a LCpl married with a couple of kids living in an army quarter has been told that he will be posted soon to catterick as an instructor. His wife has a job and the children are at school.

Although he will still be a member of his current battalion (I assume this is a 2 year assignment?) he has been told that he will have to give up his quarter. They don't want to do that and he is prepared to go unaccompanied

Is this right??

Thanks

2. Glazebrook,

Firstly,
    After reading your other posts, I think it is you who is posted, not your son.:)

You should already be aware that the default for a posting is for the Soldier to move with his/her family to a quarter area near the new assignment. It is possible to serve unaccompanied but I would suggest you think long and hard about this.

As an instructor at Catterick you will be working long, unsociable hours for weeks at a time and will have little time to be with your family, if they remain at your current posting you will see even less of them.

Have a chat with the Housing/Welfare people at your current Unit, they will be able to assist you with this.

Shiny