Army Qualifications

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by D-Runner, Feb 27, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Is it possable to do GCSE Maths , History and physics In the Army. maths is the only subject i failed at school . Got put in spazzy science (General Science) after 2nd yr for ******* about would like to get a real science under my belt aswell.
    Wouldn't mind doing a few highers in the future either does the Army run education courses ?
    I have a lot of national units through collage, the Army career advisor never printed them for my file she only took my standard grades. I worked hard that year at collage shouldn't they have been put in my file?

2. You can do anything up to degree level (although wouldn't be surprised if there were part time PhD students, too). Just depends on if you have the discipline to study, rather than spend all of your time getting drunk.

You'll need to speak to your local Army Education Centre, once you're at your unit.

3. there are education centers and money available to fund your further education, but you can also do OU course your self

4. You can do whatever you want as long as it's realistic. You will be surprised at the doors that can open for you in the army if you are smart (clever) and willing to learn. It wont happen in one week though.

5. Cheers for the information guys does anyone no the answer to my last question?

I have a lot of national units through collage, the Army career advisor never printed them for my file she only took my standard grades. I worked hard that year at collage shouldn't they have been put in my file?

6. National units at college count for nothing, same as school BTEC's and school City & Guilds. Only academic GCSE's and Standard grades are accepted where required for Trade & Technical careers at soldier entry.

7. Generally only look at Maths, English Lang and Science for jobs. Most other quals or subjects are irrelevant when it comes to what jobs you are eligible for.