Army put on alert

Discussion in 'Southern Africa' started by whitecity, Sep 12, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Think this deserves its own thread rather than get lost in the Marikana one...

2. Feggen twat. They're shite enough as they are without political intervention.
  3. Apparently, he was only addressing a group of soldiers who had been on "special leave" since 2009, and were not in active service. According to the article, they had no idea why they were placed on special leave (?!?!). Therefore, they should be easy pickings for Maleman to brainwash .....
  4. I'd second that. Spoke to a couple of RSA colleagues about the article and they think it's bollocks. I tried to get something a little deeper from the conversation but without success.
  5. Schaden

Schaden LE Book Reviewer

Kiss the Boer, Kiss the farmer...I can see the clutchplates just loving that one...
  6. Schaden

Schaden LE Book Reviewer

Or £1400 a month...

Life in the army is terrible, says soldier | News | National | Mail & Guardian
  7. And the genie is out of the bottle.

That Malema needs to be disappeared a la Hani.

Has anybody else twigged his current efforts: discredit the police publically and push the military into subversion?

Soon there will be no security apparatus left to deal with the uprising he's brewing.

Advice to bokkatankie, make sure your cash is out of the country, your passports ready to hand and a pilot ready at DF Malan to whisk you out of the country. You may need him far sooner than you previously expected.
  8. I would hardly say his plans are working that need to panic yet. Kill him and you just make a martyr out of him. I'm sure there's enough evidence of his nefarious deals to put him in jail for a fair amount of time.
  9. People thought Hani would become a martyr and that would spurn uncontrollable violence. I remember the tension well. Thankfully, it didn't happen. Still, Mandela was then 'the' voice of reason. Zuma doesn't have the clout.

Sure, Malema's plans are hardly proving an instant success. But far better to nip his bud before his efforts bear fruit.
  10. Who says they will? I don't think he really has plans, more of an opportunist who has learned how to work the media. When his big effort yesterday ended up being talking to a few dozen suspended soldiers (look at the footage, there were more press there than anybody else). A far cry from not so long ago when he could command crowds of tens of thousands.
  11. I welcome your optimism.

I do not suggest Armageddon is only just around the corner (notwithstanding my joke with bokkatankie), but I do fear major civil disturbance is closer than people suspect - unles the (Mal)embers are quickly extinguished.
  12. Schaden

Schaden LE Book Reviewer

If they took a leaf out of Bob's book an elderly Bedford would be following Julius awaiting it's time to pounce even now!
  13. As I wrote above, I'm sure there's more than enough evidence to put him in jail.

I don't think it's time to be hysterical yet either.
  14. Daily Maverick - Giggles and gaffes: Jacob Zuma responds to crisis-riddled SA