Army Pro Boots Sizing?

Discussion in 'Military Clothing & Boots' started by nitenite, Oct 22, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi I was wondering if anyone could give me a bit of advice please? I am after a pair of Army Pro Boots from the bay but I'm unable to find anywhere to try a pair on to get an idea of sizing. I'm an 11 in a pair of asics trainers and a 12 in Adidas and 12 in Timberland Boots.

Could anyone who has a pair of Pro Boots tell me the size they are wearing in the boots and what size and brand trainers they wear to give me an idea please?

Any help greatly appreciated lads! :)

2. Up to you of course but why not just pop down to an Army Surplus store and try them on till like Cinderella you find a pair that fits. Worth the extra £5 that you'll spend over Ebay. Alternatively go for a 12 and if they are too big put an extra pair of socks or some insoles in to make them smaller. You can't make smaller larger.

3. I'm an 11 in Adidas trainers and the 10L pro boots I'm wearing now feel fine.

I found with pro boots unlike assault boots they were a bit snug for a few weeks but then fine.

An under rated boot. I've had these coming up to 6 years and they've out lasted god knows how many fad boots colleagues have worn over the years.

• Like Like x 1
  4. That's the gashest advice I've read all week. Putting an extra sock on will allow your foot to move around in the boot, and rub etc. Your feet will be in clip.

You can actually make smaller boots larger, by stretching, and wearing in.

Your best bet is to do as advised.....go and try some on.

5. Thanks for the advice Hexitele! I have heard going down a size is the thing to do with the boots I was just checking.

And as for the advise on trying some on, yes this would be the obvious thing to do, and yes I have thought about that and indeed tried. But like I said in my original post, I am unable to find anywhere that stocks them in my size.

All the best :)

6. When buying shoes/trainers I don't bother with the UK size. I always go for a size 46 euro size. In always wore 11 large in issue boots (including proboots). The only boots I never found comfortable were matterhorns.

7. Thanks for all the help guys, I finally ended up getting a pair delivered for £70 brand spankers size 11 large and they fit great.