Army Presentation Team

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by error_unknown, Jul 11, 2002.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Went to one of the local Army Presentation Team evenings last night, very informative, very well presented and nice to see not all the females in the army are ugly :)

2. Have they persuade you to become a soldier though?

3. If they were trying to recruit people that night it wasn't the people attending, most were 35+.  However I must admit I felt very envious of those in their DPMs.  There are still a fair few things that put me off joining though thats all.

4. Recruiting has been lean these past couple of years. Pushed the age limit up. Believe they would take almost anyone now

5. I'm 23 and earn a very decent wage as I have 5 years solid experience in the IT industry.  5 years doesn't sound much but in my trade its 2 lifetimes.  Its leaving all that behind that worries me.

6. Army Presentation Team is not primarily a recruiting team.  They are supposed to inform the "Movers and Shakers" in the country as to what the Army is up to and how good our soldiers are (as possible employers of ex military types this is quite important to the aforementioned "Movers and Shakers").  In essence due to our general presence in the community being rather scant (except in Catterick, Colchester and Salisbury), the APT keeps the Army in the public eye.

7. OldSnowy

OldSnowy LE Moderator Book Reviewer

Agreed, the APT do a good job from a KAPE viewpoint, epecially with 'important people', but why do they have to wear CS95?  Bloody DPM jim-jams are everywhere as it is, and it strikes me that if there is an occasion for 'dressing up' properly in SD than the APT is it.

8. Army girls look nicer in CS95, or was that not the point of the evening  ;D

9. There is a particular female officer on the APT who I have an inkling of a thing for...she would look good in any uniform!!

10. Was she the Major?  My mind is faded of that evening now.