Army Pilots Course in a few weeks

Discussion in 'Aviation' started by JestersDead, Jan 23, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi guys,

I start the APC in a few weeks. I understand what takes place at Cranwell/Shawbury etc but am still totally in the dark about what happens in the first two weeks at Middle Wallop.

Any insight into the first two weeks would be helpful,also any pre course reading would be appreciated.

Cheers

2. Are you HRH Harry? You could always ask your Bro...

3. Ahh the inevitable witty comments no serious guys would like to know if there is anything that can help for the first few weeks or what is involved.

4. Google is your friend too.

5. Google has lots of info about the flying bits but not alot about the first two weeks there must be someone on here who has done the course recently who can give a bit of insight into whats entailed.

6. Lectures

7. Any tests or anything that can be prepared for or anything that can be read up on

8. The first two weeks will be dedicated to initiative tests... oh dear! :lol:

9. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

There are few pilots who frequent this place. If its appropriate, they'll let you know. Have a little patience, I'm sure you'll get an answer in the next day or two one way or another. :wink:

10. You are being sent off into a long tri-service course with a lot of exposure to undesirables. The army would like two weeks with you beforehand to:

Check your fitness.
    Get to know your face.
    Issue you with lots of winged-master-race goodies.
    Read the riot act.
    Give you 14 days opportunity to fuck up in a green environment before you besmirch the army's reputation in a purple one.
    Remind you you are green.
    Do some G1 stuff.
    Do all that orientation and acquaint nonsense.

The APC is great fun but a slog. Often likenened to a driving test every day for 18 months. Sitting up in RAFC being treated like shit by snowdrops the carrot of the flying badge can look pretty small. Two weeks at SAAvn shows you that there is life at the end of the tunnel.

Wish you luck.

11. one day soon good luck

Attached Files:

12. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

See I told you someone would give you the DS answer.

Good luck on the course by the way, I never got there myself, but later went on to learn to fly as a civvy. At least you'll get paid to do it rather than have to part with enough money to bail out a bank. :D

13. If you have a set of joining instructions why nut call the Flying Wing Sgt major or clerk.

Or did you just want to tell everyone you are gonna be a pilot:D

How do you know if a pilot walks into a crowded room? The cnut will tell you

14. Ahhh. The mighty Sioux atop Binevenagh. :D

Jester, the advice from Victorian Major is spot on. :wink: