Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

"Army Photographic Competition 2019 Winners Announced"

soleil

War Hero
"The winners of this year’s Army Film and Photographic Competition have been revealed at a prestigious ceremony in London.

And unique in the history of the event, Corporal Rebecca Brown has become the first female soldier to win the top gong: British Army Photographer of the Year.

The 29 year old, known as Becky to her colleagues, is a former combat medical technician with 4 Armoured Medical Regiment. Currently based with the combat camera team at Army Headquarters in Andover, she also came runner-up for Best Online Image and also runner-up for her Professional Sport and Adventure Training pictures.

In a benchmark year for the event, a record number of video packages were entered and judges also had to sift through more than 700 still imagery submissions.

The results of the 16 categories were kept on close hold until the evening of the awards, which took place tonight at the National Army Museum in Chelsea."

Some nice shots there, I never knew that now there is a trade of Army Photographer. When I did it it was a Regt. Photographers course and the Regt paid for all the kit out of PRI plus you had to fit it in around all your other duties and work. Mind you I had my own dark room to play in and disappear to when people were looking for "volunteers"

Some nice shots there, I never knew that now there is a trade of Army Photographer. When I did it it was a Regt. Photographers course and the Regt paid for all the kit out of PRI plus you had to fit it in around all your other duties and work. Mind you I had my own dark room to play in and disappear to when people were looking for "volunteers"

Very sort after trade, you get to go to all sort of events, even when its a parade and everyone is in No2s and marching about, they are in combats strolling around taking photos.
They also normally have a nice little sideline in doing the photos for functions, both military and civvie, they use the latest equipment that the Army has paid for. They are usually minted.

By going into the Army Careers office and saying...Hello, I want to be a photographer in the Army

Im not sure if they do it straight from training every single one I ever met was a transfer.

As indeed it was in 1996.

Exclusively (S)NCO territory, as I recall it - I'm guessing it's a rare breed thing, recruited internally from enthusiasts serving in the right Corps and showing promise.
I was Regt Photographer at 26 Engr Regt in the 80's it was a good way of getting your skills together, I think I still have my course book from the Regt Photographers course somewhere. It was a "voluntary" job and you had to do some pretty boring stuff but also got to do the Regt sports, exercises and stuff and the Dark Room was a brilliant escape when you needed to get out of an inspection.

Latest Threads