Army Pets and Mascots

Just saw a thread referring to a terrier at a PB in Northern Ireland. Just wondered how many adopted animals there have been whilst on various tours???

I know of three....

Sipovo, Bosnia 2004: TA medic adopts puppy "Meca" and brings it home to the UK, costing thousands.

Middletown PSNI , Co.Armagh: "Tripod", a three-legged terrier. Lives in the PB now and cared for by the troops. Used to go out on patrol.

Rosslea PSNI, Co.Fermanagh: A german shepherd which I believe savaged a padre's dog?

One of the Jock units in the GW1 had a dog that went by the name NIAAD on account of it dropping dead if we got a chemical attack. As far as I know it was brought back by them.

4 Regt Army Air Corps had a small dog called 'Switch'

It was adopted by 659 squadron and practically lived between the SQMS truck and the CVRT CPs...

I think it was either shot or eaten prior to our return to BAOR :D

Belize 89-90, 24 Sqn RCT had a dog that was lovingly called Cnut chops, he only answered to this name. On a Monday morning Sqn parade, due to the arrival of a new OC he was proudly stood alongside the troops.

New OC: "ahh, whats the dog called Cpl Floppyjocky ?
Me: "Cnut chops" Sir
OC: "Thats hardly appropriate is it, can we call him sprocket ?
Me: "Yes Sir, you can call him sprocket, c'mon cnut chops lets go get some rats!"