Army pensions. Reclaiming overpaid monies.

EQUINITI paymaster Po Box 1246
Sutherland house
Russell way
Crawley RH10 OHZ
0345-121 2514

blahblahblahblah.

Yours sincerely

Toni Gentle.

Good luck dealing with them. For 3 years I’ve been trying to get them to separate my pension and GIP payments.

I am about to challenge this letter. They claim the (W)RAF military pension must be at least the same as state retirement pension but, what they are suggesting will pay me £68 per week less than state pension. I am including my MP - who happens to be the Chief Secretary to the Treasury, and the armed forces select committee in my email to this company. Mo Stewart

No, not the state retirement pension, Mo. The GMP is the amount you would have received from the Additional State Pension (variously called SERPS, the Graduated Pension or Second State Pension).

No, not the state retirement pension, Mo. The GMP is the amount you would have received from the Additional State Pension (variously called SERPS, the Graduated Pension or Second State Pension).
Thank you.

I had no idea what the monthly payments were going to be, they never told me, only that i would get a tax free one of lump sum payment, equivalent to 3 years total.
You seem very ill prepared and ill informed, can I suggest you make an effort to find out exactly what you’ve been paid, how that was calculated and where the discrepancy occurred.
To simply accept any money coming your way without question or understanding how the figure was reached is at the very least, reckless and at best naive!

You seem very ill prepared and ill informed, can I suggest you make an effort to find out exactly what you’ve been paid, how that was calculated and where the discrepancy occurred.
To simply accept any money coming your way without question or understanding how the figure was reached is at the very least, reckless and at best naive!
I have received my army pension for the last 11 years, when the first payment, and tax free lump sum hit my account, i then knew what i would receive each month. It has gone up by a few pounds every year, and once a year i get notification of the forthcoming years payments, and tax stoppages, if applicable. Ditto my private and state pension. ;)

I have received my army pension for the last 11 years, when the first payment, and tax free lump sum hit my account, i then knew what i would receive each month. It has gone up by a few pounds every year, and once a year i get notification of the forthcoming years payments, and tax stoppages, if applicable. Ditto my private and state pension. ;)
But that implies you just accept what you are paid without understanding why you are paid the amount you are paid, you need to educate yourself on your entitlement, understand it and monitor it, including income tax.

But that implies you just accept what you are paid without understanding why you are paid the amount you are paid, you need to educate yourself on your entitlement, understand it and monitor it, including income tax.
monitoring it, and knowing why changes nothing,the faceless ones who administer the pay out work to their own agenda, and the tax codes that are prevalent at the time, any input from me is superfluous, my vocal arguments on the phone will change nothing, as i have found out in the past. I am not going to waste valuable time worrying about a faceless government agency's work practices. I get what is lawfully mine, from 3 different directions, and i don't need the stress and worry of trying to figure out why, and from whom. Its in my account every month without fail. That's all that i am concerned with. I am too bloody old to be buggered about with getting involved with state. END

Last edited:
monitoring it, and knowing why changes nothing,the faceless ones who administer the pay out work to their own agenda, and the tax codes that are prevalent at the time, any input from me is superfluous, my vocal arguments on the phone will change nothing, as i have found out in the past. I am not going to waste valuable time worrying about a faceless government agency's work practices. I get what is lawfully mine, from 3 different directions, and i don't need the stress and worry of trying to figure out why, and from whom. Its in my account every month without fail. That's all that i am concerned with. I am too bloody old to be buggered about with getting involved with state. END
Idiot, posting for posting sake and not taking ownership of your own pension! Ah well I guess you can’t win ‘em all.

Donny

ADC
? WTF are you talking about, you supercilious prat! o_O
He has a point - if you rely on ‘the system’ to get it right and don’t check it yourself (which isn’t difficult) you can’t really complain if it turns out they made a mistake and need to stop paying you tax-payer funds to which you’re not entitled. They’re not asking for the over payment back, just paying the correct amount in future, so it sounds like a pretty good result for you.

I am a Nigerian prince wit $200 million currently stuck in an account in the Cayman Islands.

For your help in enabling me to access this money (to set up a fund to help retired donkeys) I will pay you ten percent of the money simply for your bank account details.

Honest.

I've just received a similar letter warning me I have been overpaid due to a miscalculation involving the GMP element. Nothing further yet with any detail of what my new pension rate will be but spoke to a mate similar age, pension status and for him it's about £50 a month! I have been in receipt of the State Pension since 2002 and although my military pension was reduced slightly at 65 I have not taken a great deal of notice of my Military or State Pension except to note the small yearly increases. All that I have read doesn't help much and from my paperwork there is already mention of a deduction for GMP on my yearly statement. Anyway I'll certainly try and get a detailed breakdown but my mate is still waiting for a explanation and it's been months not weeks. It will be interesting to see how many others of similar age have a similar letter. Incidentally the letter does state they will not be seeking any repayments just paying me less.

Latest Threads