Army Pension

Discussion in 'Finance, Property, Law' started by Spanish_Dave, Oct 2, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Spanish_Dave

Spanish_Dave LE Good Egg (charities)

As my brother died earlier this year the Army are saying they have overpaid his pension and are asking for it back, seems to be 2 or 3 months so quite a bit, the thing is he is gone, only he had access to his account and the solicitors say it is not there, anybody have any idea how I can find out where it was paid to :?

2. Was he single - did anybody else have access to his account?

3. oldbaldy

oldbaldy LE Moderator Good Egg (charities)
    1. Battlefield Tours

Sorry for your loss Dave.

The paying agent should be able to tell you the bank it was paid into. They are:
    Paymaster
    Sutherland House
    Russell Way
    CRAWLEY
    RH10 1UH

Army queries: 0870 197 1510
    Fax: 01293 604024
    E-Mail: afppensions @ xafinitypaymaster.co.uk

4. Spanish_Dave

Thanks for the help guys, he was single, I think we have an idle solicitor

5. oldbaldy

1. Battlefield Tours

Looks like it to me as well. Presumably it is Paymaster who is asking for the money back!

6. Spanish_Dave

I presume it is them, I will ring today

7. Sorry to hear of your loss Dave, typical Army though, kicking you when youre down. I hate to say it but go the papers, it is awful that the Army should treat your family this way after your loss, it seems to be a regular occurance these days asking mourning families for cash back.
    Disgraceful.

8. oldbaldy

1. Battlefield Tours

Filbert, this is not the Army, this is the company contracted to pay our pensions & a lazy solicitor who should be tying up an estate.

9. sorry OB, I must have misread this first post:

silly me!

10. oldbaldy

1. Battlefield Tours

You should have read my reply:

As you say 'Silly you' 8)

11. I'm with Filbert here. OK so pendsion payment has been subcontracted to another organisation but the responsibility belongs with the employer. Call it the army, the job, firm, company or the MOD, Dave has an issue at a time of grief and the system is letting him down.

12. I get my money from a bank, that bank is NatWest, they however do not pay me that money or own it, I am paid by the Army but it comes from the govt.

Dispite this petty bickering I wish 'Dago Dave' all the best with this, lets hope you get it sorted, when you need help and support you can depend on the Armys penny pinchers to turn up and make matters worse.

13. Spanish_Dave

I spoke to them today and they have told me they have made 3 payments after his death, due to the solicitor not freezing the bank account transactions for direct debits appear to have been paid from funds in the bank

14. oldbaldy

1. Battlefield Tours

Hopefully the monies paid can be recovered Dave.
    Looks like the solicitor needs a kick.

15. Spanish_Dave

I have advised my brothers ex who is the executor to tell the solicitor in no uncertain terms to get a grip