• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Army Pension

As my brother died earlier this year the Army are saying they have overpaid his pension and are asking for it back, seems to be 2 or 3 months so quite a bit, the thing is he is gone, only he had access to his account and the solicitors say it is not there, anybody have any idea how I can find out where it was paid to :?

oldbaldy

LE
Sorry for your loss Dave.

The paying agent should be able to tell you the bank it was paid into. They are:
Paymaster
Sutherland House
Russell Way
CRAWLEY
RH10 1UH

Army queries: 0870 197 1510
Fax: 01293 604024
E-Mail: afppensions @ xafinitypaymaster.co.uk

Sorry to hear of your loss Dave, typical Army though, kicking you when youre down. I hate to say it but go the papers, it is awful that the Army should treat your family this way after your loss, it seems to be a regular occurance these days asking mourning families for cash back.
Disgraceful.

oldbaldy

LE
Filbert Fox said:
Sorry to hear of your loss Dave, typical Army though, kicking you when youre down. I hate to say it but go the papers, it is awful that the Army should treat your family this way after your loss, it seems to be a regular occurance these days asking mourning families for cash back.
Disgraceful.
Filbert, this is not the Army, this is the company contracted to pay our pensions & a lazy solicitor who should be tying up an estate.

oldbaldy

LE
Filbert Fox said:
oldbaldy said:
Filbert, this is not the Army
sorry OB, I must have misread this first post:

Spanish Dave said:
the Army are saying they have overpaid his pension and are asking for it back
silly me!

You should have read my reply:

The paying agent should be able to tell you the bank it was paid into. They are:
Paymaster
Sutherland House
Russell Way
CRAWLEY
RH10 1UH

Army queries: 0870 197 1510
Fax: 01293 604024
E-Mail: afppensions @ xafinitypaymaster.co.uk

As you say 'Silly you' 8)

I'm with Filbert here. OK so pendsion payment has been subcontracted to another organisation but the responsibility belongs with the employer. Call it the army, the job, firm, company or the MOD, Dave has an issue at a time of grief and the system is letting him down.

I get my money from a bank, that bank is NatWest, they however do not pay me that money or own it, I am paid by the Army but it comes from the govt.

Dispite this petty bickering I wish 'Dago Dave' all the best with this, lets hope you get it sorted, when you need help and support you can depend on the Armys penny pinchers to turn up and make matters worse.

I spoke to them today and they have told me they have made 3 payments after his death, due to the solicitor not freezing the bank account transactions for direct debits appear to have been paid from funds in the bank

Latest Threads