ARMY PENSION?

oldfecker

Clanker
So what service did you serve in?
For how long!
Are you a free Mason?
You seem keen to break PERSEC.

Keep going, I might crack and give full details of my former career, including certified copies of my AF B108, current address and employment.

No doubt that won’t be good enough without photos, thought, including names of everyone in the photo.

1 clue, however, never served with THEM.

Forces Pension Society

Sponsor
Sponsor
Hi

I'm totally new to this and I am about to ask what I feel will be viewed as a really stupid question, however, as they say, everything is easy as long as you know. I recently found I was entitled to an army pension, I served just over 12 years reckonable service and was told by a mate to enquire which I did. I would be appreciative if someone would tell me how long your pension is paid monthly, (should you choose that option), is this paid to you over the course of one year and then that's the end of it or is it paid to you more or less than that. I did ask Kentigern House but only received a forecast of entitlement, either people there don't seem to know the answer or are simply unwilling to tell me.

Once again, guys, I apologise for what some of you may no doubt see as a very stupid question but I simply don't understand the whole pension thing and am not very good at getting my head around financial 'stuff' I just want my pension paid in a lump sum and mothly, (for however long that might be), I'm not looking to commute or transfer or anything else.
Having been given a forecast, they are telling you what you entitlement is at today's prices. The values on that forecast will rise by CPI (the current inflation measure) until the pension is claimed and then every April thereafter.

You claim by submitting an AFpS Form 8 to Vets UK about 3 months before your 60th birthday (for AFPS 75). If any of your service was on or after 6 April 2006, you will have to claim the second part of the pension about 3 months before your 65th birthday.

Forces Pension Society

Sponsor
Sponsor
If he left under Options for Change his half pension would be paid immediately. The pension would then not increase until he reaches the age of 55 when it will jump up to the current half pension rate. This is what happened to me.
That would be sort of right. It is not 'half now and half at age 55' but there would have been a big increase at age 55.

In those days anyone leaving with at least 12 years reckonable service on redundancy would have been entitled to the proportion of his or her IP based on 12 years reckonable service (so 12/22nds). If the person had taken Resettlement Commutation, the pension would go back to its pre-commutation level at age 55 and pick up all the inflation rises that had occurred since discharge.

Latest Threads