ARMY PENSION?

cymraeg

War Hero
If he left under Options for Change his half pension would be paid immediately. The pension would then not increase until he reaches the age of 55 when it will jump up to the current half pension rate. This is what happened to me.
Must be this. He left in the 90s. Only repeating what I was told

ExREME.TECH

War Hero
Ooof, now that is just wrong on all levels.
Network Rail asked me if I had PTSD.

Mine you I did bring a pink budgie on a lead to help me with the tests

ExREME.TECH

War Hero
Did he give you all the right answers, or is that why you didn't get the job?
He got the job, bluey the pink female budgie was a Staff Sgt in a previous life.

All of it. 12 years army service came to nine and a half years of the police pension. Which at that time amounted to 30 years service for the full pension payable immediatley.
Sorry, that's what I meant. Not the value but the number of years you could transfer.

Having completed my 22 and being in receipt of an immediate pension, I knew that if I had re-joined the mob or joined FTRS/MPGS my pension would be suspended for the duration but I was wondering whether I could cease receiving it and transfer it into the CS pension scheme should I join the CS and if so how many years I could transfer in. I believe I have found the answer which appears to be no, unless anyone else knows different.

If you’re a member of the AFPS75 pension scheme and have already passed the point at which you are entitled to leave the Services with an immediate pension and lump sum, then transferring the value of those benefits out of the AFPS is not allowed.

Because we don't deserve it.
I had one job offer that was less than the advertised wage. I asked why. As you have a good army pension you won't need the full wage....
This is something I was warned about during my resettlement briefings. I hope you told them to poke it.

ExREME.TECH

War Hero
Sorry, that's what I meant. Not the value but the number of years you could transfer.

Having completed my 22 and being in receipt of an immediate pension, I knew that if I had re-joined the mob or joined FTRS/MPGS my pension would be suspended for the duration but I was wondering whether I could cease receiving it and transfer it into the CS pension scheme should I join the CS and if so how many years I could transfer in. I believe I have found the answer which appears to be no, unless anyone else knows different.

If you’re a member of the AFPS75 pension scheme and have already passed the point at which you are entitled to leave the Services with an immediate pension and lump sum, then transferring the value of those benefits out of the AFPS is not allowed.
No you kept your pension but you where not allowed to earn more than you did with the wage plus pension altogether.

ExREME.TECH

War Hero
This is something I was warned about during my resettlement briefings. I hope you told them to poke it.
I walked out, the budgie stopped

oldfecker

Clanker

If you’re in receipt of an AFPS 75, your pension is not suspended because you join FTRS or MPGS.

You will be subject to pension abaitment rules.

Depending on what rank you left with and what rank you re-join at makes all the difference.

eg. leave as a SNCO and join the MPGS as a Pte (only rank you can join the MPGS) and your AFPS 75 pension is safe. NOT SO FOR AFPS 05 and I don‘t know anything about AFPS 15.

MPGS in receipt of an AFPS pension are reviewed for pension abaitment on each substantive promotion, however, I personally made it to SSgt without being affected or being subject to any abaitment.

Everyone’s circumstances are different and the rules keep changing. Don’t relay on advice on ARRSE when the wrong advice could cost you dear - get proper (paid for) advice.

If you’re in receipt of an AFPS 75, your pension is not suspended because you join FTRS or MPGS.

Depending on what rank you left with and what rank you re-join at makes all the difference.

eg. leave as a SNCO and join the MPGS as a Pte (only rank you can join the MPGS) and your AFPS 75 pension is safe. NOT SO FOR AFPS 05 and I don‘t know anything about AFPS 15.

MPGS in receipt of an AFPS pension are reviewed for pension abaitment on each substantive promotion, however, I personally made it to SSgt without being affected or being subject to any abaitment.

Everyone’s circumstances are different and the rules keep changing. Don’t relay on advice on ARRSE when the wrong advice could cost you dear - get proper (paid for) advice.
I've given you an informative but it's a moot point for me personally and does not pertain to my current circumstances. I am no longer in a position to qualify for FTRS, MPGS or as a re-joiner and neither am I inclined to do so.

It may, however, be useful information for others.

ExREME.TECH

War Hero

Where you based as a SSGT?

There was a few blokes who had done the full 22 years and were in receipt of their pension, joined the police and earned a second police pension if they retired at 60 or extended to 65.

Issi

War Hero
I've heard conflicting information over the years, but can somebody confirm that you have to do at least 12 to qualify for a pension?

I've heard conflicting information over the years, but can somebody confirm that you have to do at least 12 to qualify for a pension?
Incorrect. 3 years under AFPS75. In the early years it was 5 years, and you had to be 26 on leaving. But it’s been 3 years from age 18 for ORs for decades now.

ExREME.TECH

War Hero

ExREME.TECH

War Hero

ExREME.TECH

War Hero

So what service did you serve in?
For how long!
Are you a free Mason?

Latest Threads