army pay?

Status
Not open for further replies.

craigf1989

Old-Salt
http://www.armedforces.co.uk/armypayscales.htm
that is the link for the pay scale which i don't understand.. can any once give me a rough estimate on what the pay is once you passed basic.
once you've finished your trade
and once you get posted to the field army,
(estimates for trades)
and how long you have to wait before each pay rise, Thanks

Way too many variables and not enough detail. Why not just accept that as a new boy, you will start at 13k and move to a rate of somewhere between 16-18k once you are trained?

craigf1989

Old-Salt
well no matter what job it is the final question once you know everything else about your job is whats the pay? correct me if am wrong

See? Even better now. Be happy!

Ps You still don't give any detail to work with. You RMP? Inf? Cav? RE? AGC(SPS)? what? Can't work out anything without knowing all that?

David2008

War Hero
No one joins the army for good pay, its a lifestyle not just a job, money should be the least of your worries. 13k as a recruit and then usually rises to 16-18k after 6 months in your unit, also depends on your trade.

craigf1989

Old-Salt
David2008 who said anything about joining the army for good pay? i ask a question and i get bitchy comments about money doesint matter, i dont know about all you but matters a lot to me

lofty89

Old-Salt
ah dosnt matter about the pay really as far as ive heard and understand you'll be pissing most of it up the wall

David2008

War Hero
lofty89 said:
ah dosnt matter about the pay really as far as ive heard and understand you'll be pissing most of it up the wall

Couldn't have said it any better :D

craigf1989

Old-Salt
"David2008 who said anything about joining the army for good pay??"
cant you read, just coz that pissed is gonna waste his money on ale, then by all means,, whats that got to do with good pay smartass

LondonTankie

Old-Salt
'with one hand the army giveth pay, with the other it doth take half the fecker away'
remember its all ok on paper, maybes not in practice for a while. if you really want to join David, just say **** the money and enjoy it all as a bonus to having a roof over your head and several meals for pennies a day. Put down the rolex catalouge for a while though

LondonTankie

Old-Salt
craigf1989 said:
cant you read, just coz that pissed is gonna waste his money on ale, then by all means,, whats that got to do with good pay smartass

are you sure you're going to fit in?

Theralas

Old-Salt
Sorry to bother you guys, but could anyone tell me what band of pay Intel Corps/RMP is at lance corporal, as band of pay sometimes shifts at different ranks doesn't it?

LondonTankie said:
craigf1989 said:

are you sure you're going to fit in?

I'm guessing not .............. and not entirely based on his lack of enthusiasm for alcohol. The words "gobby" and "cretin" spring to mind.

craigf1989

Old-Salt
ill be gobby to any one who thinks their a smart ass towards me weather i fit in or not, its a career, its not scouts

craig, take a deep breath. it's the internet, it's full of idiots (including you at the moment), you don't have to justify yourself to anyone.

i too find it funny how, whenever people ask about pay in the army (which is only fair enough) some people start gobbing off about principles and morals. unfortunately one cannot live off serving the queen alone, and being able to afford the odd (or dozen) pint would be nice too. nevermind

the bad thing about modern media is that everybody has a voice :twisted:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads