Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

that is the link for the pay scale which i don't understand.. can any once give me a rough estimate on what the pay is once you passed basic.
    once you've finished your trade
    and once you get posted to the field army,
    (estimates for trades)
    and how long you have to wait before each pay rise, Thanks
  2. in_the_cheapseats

in_the_cheapseats LE Moderator

Way too many variables and not enough detail. Why not just accept that as a new boy, you will start at 13k and move to a rate of somewhere between 16-18k once you are trained?
  3. well no matter what job it is the final question once you know everything else about your job is whats the pay? correct me if am wrong
  4. The pay rates on the link you posted are last year's. Current pay rates are here (link).

5. in_the_cheapseats

in_the_cheapseats LE Moderator

See? Even better now. Be happy!

Ps You still don't give any detail to work with. You RMP? Inf? Cav? RE? AGC(SPS)? what? Can't work out anything without knowing all that?
  6. sorry, joining signals as a electrician?
  7. No one joins the army for good pay, its a lifestyle not just a job, money should be the least of your worries. 13k as a recruit and then usually rises to 16-18k after 6 months in your unit, also depends on your trade.
  8. RS - Electrician is on standard pay mate,

What is the pay like for an Armourer within the REME?
  9. Well, the adverts say £16K after training...
  10. David2008 who said anything about joining the army for good pay? i ask a question and i get bitchy comments about money doesint matter, i dont know about all you but matters a lot to me
  11. ah dosnt matter about the pay really as far as ive heard and understand you'll be pissing most of it up the wall
  12. Couldn't have said it any better :D
  13. "David2008 who said anything about joining the army for good pay??"
    cant you read, just coz that pissed is gonna waste his money on ale, then by all means,, whats that got to do with good pay smartass
  14. 'with one hand the army giveth pay, with the other it doth take half the fecker away'
    remember its all ok on paper, maybes not in practice for a while. if you really want to join David, just say **** the money and enjoy it all as a bonus to having a roof over your head and several meals for pennies a day. Put down the rolex catalouge for a while though
  15. are you sure you're going to fit in?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.