Army Pay Review 2007

Well I know they start the meetings in a couple weeks (give or take) and the final review is published in march. But as for specifics, eg timings, nothings been mentioned so far.

The Govt can force it on the public sector because they can only get the opportunity to change the Govt every 4-5 years. Push it on the Armed Forces and the Govt gets replaced by coup in a shot!

Often stupid, largely misguided, not suicidal!

Imperial, really? Are you suggesting that you would be interested in joining a coup attempt? I very much doubt it!
Lets be honest with ourselves, whatever the AFPRB recommends we are not going to get a decent pay rise, certainly not like that bandied around in todays Telegraph of a 20% X factor rise, as to do so would invariably end up with the rest of the public sector standing around fire pits cupping hot coffees in their hands. The best we can expect is an inflation linked rise, which will still annoy the coppers out there!

I know that, merely jesting. The commitee hasn't formally met yet and the figure quoted was based on someones pipe dream I think.

Until its been discussed, presented and approved your guess is as good as mine.

I think what they mean is that we will be made to GO ON the X-Factor.

Proceeds from a record deal would then go to the defence budget...

Outstanding said:
Whats good for the police goose might just fit the army gander!! Broon is one well dodgy bar stewrad!
On one of the Sunday morning programs Brown hinted at a decent payrise for the Armed Forces and was quick to recognise the work we do. We will have to wait to see if this bears fruit - but i'll not hold my breath.

dingerr said:
Outstanding said:
Whats good for the police goose might just fit the army gander!! Broon is one well dodgy bar stewrad!
On one of the Sunday morning programs Brown hinted at a decent payrise for the Armed Forces and was quick to recognise the work we do. We will have to wait to see if this bears fruit - but i'll not hold my breath.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

What? You weren't joking? 8O

Dinger,

Probably a good descion, to not hold your breath that is :D

It'll just be another 'Cake and ar-se' party where all the cake goes to the ones most in the public spot light and all the ar-se goes to those that generally make it all work.

Obviously little Johny who has just joined deserves a descent pay rise and a higher standard of living, but lets not forget those that have done a few years, a few more conflicts and generally speaking, more than their fair share of the hardships.
Once you get above CSgt, the system couldn't give a to-s as you have your pension to look forward to; but as mentioned in an earlier post, in a few years time, and under Pension 05, that won't be the case.

At the current rate, give it 10-12 years and there won't be anyone left for them to have to worry about.

Yes you might be right as may be the last one we get for 3 years

as long as the pensions remain linked in 3 years time - i will not be over concerned.

dited due to tourettes and dyslexia (why is that so hard to spill?)

does it really matter what sort of pay rise we get, more than likely same as every year. We will give you a £2 pay rise but scoff / quarters will go up by £3. Also if we do get a pay rise i wonder if those in PAYD places see an increase in food costs over night.

as long as the pensions remain linked in 3 years time - i will not be over concerned.
If you've joind since April 05, or in a moment of madness opted for the new scheme; you should be worried as your pension is worthless. Unless of course you have a spouse and you plan to die before retirement age (65 new scheme).