Army Pay Review 2007

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by 5205Bradders, Jan 8, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I was wondering if anyone has any information, timings, etc... I understand the pay review board are looking at increasing the 'X' Factor, as the 'X' Factor percentage was lasted reviewed 7 years ago in 2000. Any info would be appreciated...

2. Well I know they start the meetings in a couple weeks (give or take) and the final review is published in march. But as for specifics, eg timings, nothings been mentioned so far.

3. Cheers Imperial_Warrior... much app

4. I'll keep the office door open and report if I hear anything if and when.

5. Especially about 3 year pay awards!!

6. The Govt can force it on the public sector because they can only get the opportunity to change the Govt every 4-5 years. Push it on the Armed Forces and the Govt gets replaced by coup in a shot!

Often stupid, largely misguided, not suicidal!

7. Whats good for the police goose might just fit the army gander!! Broon is one well dodgy bar stewrad!

8. well we'll just have have to wait and see what the great leader has up his sleeve for us all.

9. eyewash?

10. Imperial, really? Are you suggesting that you would be interested in joining a coup attempt? I very much doubt it!
    Lets be honest with ourselves, whatever the AFPRB recommends we are not going to get a decent pay rise, certainly not like that bandied around in todays Telegraph of a 20% X factor rise, as to do so would invariably end up with the rest of the public sector standing around fire pits cupping hot coffees in their hands. The best we can expect is an inflation linked rise, which will still annoy the coppers out there!

11. I know that, merely jesting. The commitee hasn't formally met yet and the figure quoted was based on someones pipe dream I think.

Until its been discussed, presented and approved your guess is as good as mine.

12. I think what they mean is that we will be made to GO ON the X-Factor.

Proceeds from a record deal would then go to the defence budget...

13. interesting thought...might pitch that one to HM Treasury tomorrow!

14. On one of the Sunday morning programs Brown hinted at a decent payrise for the Armed Forces and was quick to recognise the work we do. We will have to wait to see if this bears fruit - but i'll not hold my breath.

15. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

What? You weren't joking? 8O