Army Pay Days

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by Resmi, Nov 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Good Afternoon people,

Just a quick one regarding Army pay days. Is it on a specific day for everyone i.e end of the month or is it from the date you start... for example I start on the 9th so will get paid on the 9th of every month?

Just wondering on what date to set up a direct debit to a savings account.

Thanks

2. stands by..........................

3. Sluggy, over to you!

Gets deck chair out sits back in the sun and waits.

4. Some one pass me the popcorn

5. I got the last of the popcorn - will peanut M&Ms do?

6. Brotherton Lad

Brotherton Lad LE Reviewer

It depends on your cap-badge. For example, 2 YORKS used to be the Green Howards (XIX), so they get paid on the 19th.

They do it this way so that the Big Pay Computer doesn't over-heat at the end of the month.

• Like Like x 2
  7. shove over ...................red wine (tick), cheese (tick) ok I'm ready

8. Too early for a G&T? Nah never too early, cheers.

9. TheresaMay

TheresaMay LE Moderator DirtyBAT

He's / She's not exactly asking what they normally ask is he / she? Nor is he / she actually serving yet, unlike the people that are and should know better.

Resmi - it's the last working day of each month.

The only exceptions to this will be down to which bank you choose. For example, if you bank with Santander, you may find if the last working day is a Monday, your wages will go in on the Saturday before. Same with RBS.

10. I don't get paid until the 17th of the month so I'm skint by the start of the month.

If only the Army would pay everyone at the same time, say at the end of the month, surely it would cut down on the administrative burden of paying everyone on separate days. It would also allow me to have all my direct debits at the start of the month

Give me f**kin' strength

11. Hence me asking, because I currently work for BAE and we get paid on the 15th of every month. Ok thanks David Cameron, appreciate the response.

12. I bet your dream job would be one of those Park Wardens going round telling people "you can't play here".

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. Depends who you are with. I was in 1 Para so I got paid on the 1st day of the month. Later I moved to 23 Regt RLC, got paid on the 23rd. I am now with 101 Log Brigade and I am fucked!

• Like Like x 1
  14. TheresaMay

TheresaMay LE Moderator DirtyBAT

No - I just know the difference between someone asking a genuine question and someone asking dumb shit.

Resmi - No worries, and good luck.

• Like Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.