Army or civvy kit

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by terroratthepicnic, Feb 18, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. terroratthepicnic

terroratthepicnic LE Reviewer Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Runners

I’m not sure whether this is in the right place or not or whether it’s been asked before but f*ck it.

I’m getting married in a few months time and was planning on wearing top hat and tails but a mate whose still serving asked if I was going to wear uniform for my wedding.
    To be honest I never put any thought into wearing uniform on the big day as I have been out for just over 6 years now, but it has put the seed into my other halves head.

Both my best man and I are ex squaddies, but, would it be walting if we were to wear No 1’s or mess dress at my wedding?

I know I will probably get flack for asking this but sod it, I have broad shoulders I can handle it, and it’s a question that I would like to know the answer too.
  2. You're ex forces. Wearing your uniform would be a big no-no.
  3. No, but if you also are an ex-bin man, wearing an old donkey jacket that stinks of rotting refuse may be acceptable.

Another possiblity is wearing shit encrusted waders if you used to be a sewage worker.

Hope this helps.

4. You could wear your school uniform as you used to be a schoolboy :roll:
  5. Or a nappy as you used to be a baby!
  6. terroratthepicnic

1. ARRSE Runners

Cool, thats cleared that up then.
  7. Possibly a good way around this would be for you and your best man to wear blazers with your regimental badges on and also to wear regimental ties.

Just a thought.

8. Get your "Bride to be" to don the #1 dress, and you get the wedding dress altered to fit you. :plotting:
  9. terroratthepicnic

1. ARRSE Runners

sure will you be the cheif bridesmaid then so the best man can make a woman of ya later on in the evening
  10. I gave the idea considerable thought, sounded like a good idea at first, thanks for the invitation.
    T'is better to give than to receive.
  11. Have you also got track marks between your toes?

Find your father, rip the testes out of him and then remind him never to father another child.
  12. Blazers for a wedding? 8O Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! Terror's original idea of Morning Dress is the best and smartest civvy attire.
  13. Okay....How about wearing your Birthday suits. Now that will be a day to remember!!!!!!!!!!! :cyclopsani:

14. You could wear your mess kit as long as you have a letter "R" on the top of your rank. This is to show you are retired.
  15. I went to a wedding reception not long back. The newly wed bloke was wearing a kilt and so were all his homies. I recognised the tartan as similar to that you would see the argyle and sutherland wearing but wasn't sure as i am not a man skirt spotter. So upon asking the best man where he was from is scotland he advised me that none of them were jocks but the blokes dad was in the jock TA and had boxed them off.

If he can do it you can do it. My advice wear whatever the fcuk you want aslong as you get bladdered!

Eddited to add your a fag for getting married. A real man would run off with her sister.