'Army' on standby for no deal Brexit emergency

There is a very large pasty factory in Cornwall that will shut down if all the poles leave,
the poles were brought in because the locals would rather be on the dole,
now the freckers complain about the poles taking all the jobs
That is common all around, perhaps the answer is some form of income support, surely it’s better for the country to ensure that people are working a paying at least say £10 in tax, rather than paying them £200 in benefits?

We seem to have a binary approach to things and Taxes are the worst.

anglo

LE
That is common all around, perhaps the answer is some form of income support, surely it’s better for the country to ensure that people are working a paying at least say £10 in tax, rather than paying them £200 in benefits?

We seem to have a binary approach to things and Taxes are the worst.
Governments in the past have given to much away, now no government dare change it
I know whole families that have never done a stroke of work
{Best I stop there or I'll end up kicking the shit out of the cat:mad:}

The government wants to spread fear about no deal. The EU also spreads fear of a no deal to discourage new exits. The EU goal is to keep the UK in the EU, it would be the EU ultimate win. In the same way, a no deal Brexit that doesn't have any effect would be the EU ultimate defeat. Everyone in Europe would know that there is no problem by leaving the EU and all the catastrophic threats were lies.

Londo

LE
Me too, not sure what use I would be, my first medical board downgraded me to issuing bedding at Duke of Yorks and the final one said unfit to carry a firearm for self defence for 1 mile.
Plus I am too old by far but what happens to the jobs done by reservists whilst they are called up?
The powers that be will get immigrants in to do those jobs

Trans-sane

LE
Book Reviewer
shhhh, @Graculus is convinced that they're becoming an endangered species or something.
Really? In that case how do I go about defaulting my house and property a reserve for said endangered species? And more importantly applying for the grants for being the head warden? With my sister-in-law and her partner staying with us for a few months there are three Polish citizens here. Could be quite lucrative...

There is a very large pasty factory in Cornwall that will shut down if all the poles leave,
the poles were brought in because the locals would rather be on the dole,
now the freckers complain about the poles taking all the jobs
Good I hate Cornish shit apart from, well nothing

"... the Navy has warned that it will take up to a year to refit its ships to allow sufficient numbers of crew to travel alongside the cargo ..."
Can't they simply load locked shipping containers, without the need for any extra crew?
By cargo do you mean goods or saved migrants

Yokel

LE
"... the Navy has warned that it will take up to a year to refit its ships to allow sufficient numbers of crew to travel alongside the cargo ..."
Can't they simply load locked shipping containers, without the need for any extra crew?
Err? What? Since when do warships carry shipping containers? Or are we talking about chartered/STUFT vessels? I cannot see behind the paywall, but it sounds like nonsense. After all naval ships tend to be full of sensitive things.

More to the point, why would the RN be delivering medicines?

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
Err? What? Since when do warships carry shipping containers? Or are we talking about chartered/STUFT vessels? I cannot see behind the paywall, but it sounds like nonsense. After all naval ships tend to be full of sensitive things.

More to the point, why would the RN be delivering medicines?
See the article linked in the post I replied to.

It's bound to be because of Brexit.
It is, but I can't understand why the RN would need to ship medicines to the EU.

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
It is, but I can't understand why the RN would need to ship medicines to the EU.
Anti depressants they might need in the case of a hard Brexit?

Latest Threads