Army on Everest

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by BigRed, Nov 15, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Apols if this has already been posted. not seen it personally as only found out today, anyone catch the first episode?

http://www.bravo.co.uk/everest/

8)

2. Big Red you can view lots of videos on the armyoneverest website mate, they have been doing it for months and you can follow it online.

good stuff, sure as hell I wouldnt be doing it ;) Brave guys.

3. Personally, i don't see what all the fuss is about.

Unless i've missed something during the recent restructuring, isn't there still quite a large contingent of the Army made up of Gurkha's who have spent the majority of their lives running all over the Himalayas :?

4. Social_Handgrenade I have no idea mate I dont know anything about the Gurkha's to be honest. Except that i wouldnt mess with them :)

5. Not that many Gurkhas left in the Army. Regardless, in Nepal, unless you are a mountain guide, porter or Sirdar, you won't be getting close to anything like Everest and certainly not by that route (Tibet side).

If you don't get what all the fuss is about then you probably don't really understand high altitude mountaineering....

6. Ive seen a couple of episodes on Bravo channel and they are a credit to our forces, fantastic bunch. Especially liked the bit when they interviewed 2 of them who rescued a civvy of the NORTH FACE on a previous expedition ( I think it went down as the highest altitude rescue) and they were slagging off all the selfish civvy's who were just ignoring the injured bloke... Top fellas.. The guys and girls on the expedition just go to show the top qualities instilled in our service personnel.. :D