Army Officers top list of speeding offenders

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by vvaannmmaann, Oct 8, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Maybe now people will stop complaining about the reasons why squaddies have such a hard time getting car insurance!
  2. Doesnt sound like most officers I know!

3. Excellent, recognition at last!
  4. The only reason Army Officers drive so fast is because their admin is so hooped they have to speed to get there late.

5. Don't forget that this story is in a newspaper and in their own little world everyone in the Army is an officer.
  6. Blimey, I'm surprised they found 200 toymakers and coal merchants in the UK.
  7. What a load of bollocks! "Studies" like this really get on my tits, they are usually wrong and utterly pointless!

"The only profession to contradict the research were masseurs, traditionally seen as a relaxed group, with a bout 20 per cent of them ticketed."

This statement doesn't contradict the research, it disproves the theory, therefore making this entire study pointless!

8. Ever heard the saying statistics and and damn lies, never let the truth get in the way of good story.......
  9. Perhaps Army Officers are just more honest. I didn't realise you had to declare points - I thought it was only bans. So should I tell my insurance company that I have 9?!

10. Nah you'll be fine.

Until you try to make a claim.
  11. Well thats it, I'm going to be claiming a career change when my car insurance is due.. As of January I shall be an Au pair. Lets see if that drops my premium.
  12. Au pair you say..?
  13. Don't most au pairs drive on a foreign licence? Therefore, I presume, their overseas points wouldn't count.

What are your rates Phantom? please send CV and full body photo by PM.

14. Never mind a PM get the jpg on here now my little poppet :twisted: