Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kitchener

Swinger
Good Afternoon all
Hoping to find you all well

What is the time scale from the Army Careers Advisor interview to being told you have a place at Sandhurst? The only thing I have seen is it takes around 1 year but am totally unsure whether this is true or false. I’m sure many do it in under a year and many take over a year. Does it all depend on when AOSB’s are running? If you Passed AOSB Briefing and Main Board first time what is the timescale likely to be?

This is my first post so hopefully it is in the right place. I have just been searching the Forum and the internet for the answer to my question but I have not been successful. If my point has already been raised please can you share the link. I would be very grateful.

I appreciate any help you can give me
Thank you

It depends a lot, the major delay can be an enforced one after your AOSB Briefing, or how booked up AOSB Main Boards are.

If you are considering applying I would say go for it. You can always delay when you attend either AOSB parts once you have got the paperwork all sorted.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

Good afternoon and welcome. While not directly involved in the area that you're seeking information on, the general opinion seems to be similar to the answer regarding 'How long is a piece of string'.

Good luck: patience, perseverance and a sense of humour when confronted with the absurd are life-skills you will need in abundance in the military.

Kalu19

Swinger
Hi and welcome to the forum,

I have just been given a date for Sandhurst. I applied at the end of July '19 I believe, as it was shortly before my daughter was born. I then had my video call interview on the 1st October '19 and medical shortly after. I attended an Officer Briefing Day in the November then went to AOSB Briefing in February '20. From there my Main Board date was pushed back due to COVID-19 and I passed AOSB Main Board early August '20.

Heading to Sandhurst May '21.

All in all it took 11 months, but 3 months were due to the pandemic.

I hope that helps.

K

Kitchener

Swinger
It depends a lot, the major delay can be an enforced one after your AOSB Briefing, or how booked up AOSB Main Boards are.

If you are considering applying I would say go for it. You can always delay when you attend either AOSB parts once you have got the paperwork all sorted.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

Thank you for your reply.

Kitchener

Swinger
Hi and welcome to the forum,

I have just been given a date for Sandhurst. I applied at the end of July '19 I believe, as it was shortly before my daughter was born. I then had my video call interview on the 1st October '19 and medical shortly after. I attended an Officer Briefing Day in the November then went to AOSB Briefing in February '20. From there my Main Board date was pushed back due to COVID-19 and I passed AOSB Main Board early August '20.

Heading to Sandhurst May '21.

All in all it took 11 months, but 3 months were due to the pandemic.

I hope that helps.

K

Thank you very much for that, it was very helpful. I appreciate it a lot.

Euclid

War Hero
Many years ago, but for me three months from RCB to through the gate at Sandhurst. But then I had been ensnared from school.

Latest Threads