Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Army Officer stands against Beckett

heard_it_all_before said:
western said:
Trouble is wth the Conservatives is they find it impossible to shake off the Eton OBA image because they are in the majority Eaton Old Boys. NL on the other hand have managed to shed their Class War image.

Point being, that in times-of-old, the country was run by the richer aristocracy, and not by some bunch of feckwits parading as politicians that can only think as low as the gutter that they came from. People power is very romantic, but as has been proved with endless peoples partys, it's a farce that always ends in disaster.

I'm for the old way through and through!

The Tories don't deserve power.

I cannot believe that they will not one day realise that Ken Clarke was their best chance. He scared the shit out of the Labour front bench and they were relieved when he didn't get the job. They still are.

Cpl_Clot said:

I cannot believe that they will not one day realise that Ken Clarke was their best chance. He scared the s*** out of the Labour front bench and they were relieved when he didn't get the job. They still are.

Nail/Head interface complete.

PartTimePongo said:
Cpl_Clot said:

I cannot believe that they will not one day realise that Ken Clarke was their best chance. He scared the s*** out of the Labour front bench and they were relieved when he didn't get the job. They still are.

To much of a Eurofile to get the full support he would need.

elovabloke said:
PartTimePongo said:
Cpl_Clot said:

To much of a Eurofile to get the full support he would need.
That's the reason and that's why the Tories deserve to stay out of power, they were more concerned about their own petty Europhobia than they were about the nation.

They should shoulder their share of responsibility for foisting the current shower upon us.

rebel_with_a_cause said:
Guys

The attached link may be of interest to you. No its not me but I know the guy and good luck to him, I would love to see one of Browns Inner Circle toppled.

http://www.thisisderbyshire.co.uk/n...nd-Beckett/article-529200-detail/article.html

'Fraid he hasn't a hope.

In Beckett's constituency, the Tories were in third place behind the Lib Dems at the last election and the LDs got almost double the Tory vote.

That's too steep a hill to climb.

I hate to say it but the best chance of unseating Margaret Beckett is tactical voting so all I can say is:-

PEOPLE OF DERBY - VOTE LIBERAL - YOU KNOW IT MAKES SENSE.

pinkrat said:
Good luck to him but I thought I heard that Margaret Beckett was standing down at the next election.

Jut as long as she isn't going down at the next election things will be fine - perish the thought!!

Having had a few drinks and my mind being fairly loosened up, I got to thinking about this. How far would a political party formed solely from ex-service personnel get. Obviously serving personnel could not be active members but that would not prevent them voting for such a party.

The Tories must win the next election when it comes, or there will be nothing to govern except an economically unviable wreck. That said I dont see Brown giving over the ropes as easy as that, he uses Mugabe as his role model, and he didnt exactly win the last election did he??

He might have even less of a hope given that the Tories are laying off 10% of their Central Office staff, with most of them coming from two divisions - the most important being the policy unit.

The conservatives are also closing down Constituency Campaigning Services (CCS), based in Coleshill manor in the West Midlands.

All this 17 months (at the latest) before a general election!!

bobthedog said:
The Tories must win the next election when it comes, or there will be nothing to govern except an economically unviable wreck. That said I dont see Brown giving over the ropes as easy as that, he uses Mugabe as his role model, and he didnt exactly win the last election did he??

How dare you Sir! Mugabe uses Broon as a role model.

rebel_with_a_cause said:
Having had a few drinks and my mind being fairly loosened up, I got to thinking about this. How far would a political party formed solely from ex-service personnel get. Obviously serving personnel could not be active members but that would not prevent them voting for such a party.

You could even design a uniform for them, and have them canvas the East End in smart marching formations!

sorry.

No really, sorry.

interestednovice said:
rebel_with_a_cause said:

You could even design a uniform for them, and have them canvas the East End in smart marching formations!

sorry.

No really, sorry.

Who mentioned them being extreme right wing, I think that is an insult to all servicemen. I believe that amongst service and ex-service personnel you will find a full spectrum of political opinion and a lot more commonsense and decency than you will find amongst the current occupants of Westminster of all persuasions.