Army Officer stands against Beckett

rebel_with_a_cause said:
Guys

The attached link may be of interest to you. No its not me but I know the guy and good luck to him, I would love to see one of Browns Inner Circle toppled.

http://www.thisisderbyshire.co.uk/n...nd-Beckett/article-529200-detail/article.html
Mr Perschke said: "I'm not desperately political but spending time in the Army helped me to see some of the Government's failings.
I should get political then mate, you're up against an old campaigner from a party that has hardly produced anything of merit in the last 30 years but still managed to get elected to power twice.

He looks far too straight to survive against the forces of New Labour Darkness.

Good luck to him

He's done more for this country than that bone

A young conservative (and I presume) white male with a professional and honourable background who also shows some common sense.

The poor ****** doesn't stand a chance.

All part of the MP grooming, sorry learning, process.

"....was commissioned from Royal Military Academy Sandhurst, a British Army officer training centre"

RMAS should love that description....

Totally agree Fantassin, how many "British army officer training centres"' are there? What a patronising description, "training centre".

Local journalists are complete idiots. Imagine "graduared from University of Western England, a university in England".

Prats.

Good luck to him, cannot stand that weasel Beckett.

fantassin said:
"....was commissioned from Royal Military Academy Sandhurst, a British Army officer training centre"

RMAS should love that description....
Indeed, RMAS is the best officer training establishment in the whole of Camberley.

pinkrat said:
Good luck to him but I thought I heard that Margaret Beckett was standing down at the next election.
I hear that she's standing in the 3:30 at Ascot.

Not a hope. I've seen what the Labour Party will do to keep a Cabinet incumbent in a seat.

I hope his background and activities are squeaky clean.

Go on you Conservatives! DC! DC! DC! DC! Broon's got no chance.

Oh how we laughed....

Not a hope until someone like Duncan-Smith or Clarke get the top slot.

To defeat Labour now, you're going to need a Tory Leader with gravitas. There is no substance at all to DC , and he still strikes me as a politically active Schoolboy as opposed to a Leader. The similarities between he and Blair are way too close for my liking.

I think Brown will go to the country after Christmas.

PartTimePongo said:
Oh how we laughed....

To defeat Labour now, you're going to need a Tory Leader with gravitas. There is no substance at all to DC , and he still strikes me as a politically active Schoolboy as opposed to a Leader. The similarities between he and Blair are way too close for my liking.

Tend to agree PTP - although I think Hague would be good, although I suspect he isn't interested at the moment.

PartTimePongo said:
Oh how we laughed....

Agreed although i do like DC im not sure he can carry it yet.

This is as good a time as Brown will get. because im not sure he has any tricks left to throw at the economy. He may as well strike while his recent policies as still current affairs. How popular they are remains up for debate.

PartTimePongo said:
Oh how we laughed....

Have to agree with PTP, DC just doesn't come across as anything more than a Bliar type. Big on vagueness and no substance to anything. Too much 'floating this one by the voters and party faithful’. We are in for very hard times ahead, what we need now is a firm and decisive leader. Someone who will lead us, lay down his principles so that we know where we are going and how we are going to get there.
We’ve tried the ‘let’s do what seems popular’ and the country is dangling on the edge of the abyss because of it. Let’s now have a ‘captain’ a firm hand on the tiller to steer us into the harbour.
Cometh the hour, cometh the man. So for God’s sake the hour is here, we must find the man!

Edited to add: MDN for PM?
(he seems the classic Tory type, sexual pervert and all that)

WalterWarry said:
PartTimePongo said:
Oh how we laughed....

Tend to agree PTP - although I think Hague would be good, although I suspect he isn't interested at the moment.
Hague seems to have matured and grown in stature since he ws chucked in at the deep end. I think his trouble was he was just too young to carry off the disciplinarian approach and was probably elected as a throw away: They knew they hadn't got a hope in hell of taking an election so why waste someone (at that time) of stature. For my book he carries more weight that DC, his only drawback is he is a pure politician, it would have been better for him to have a backgound. His recently acquired business experience will stand him in good stead.

Latest Threads