Army Officer stands against Beckett

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by rebel_with_a_cause, Dec 9, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I should get political then mate, you're up against an old campaigner from a party that has hardly produced anything of merit in the last 30 years but still managed to get elected to power twice.
  2. He looks far too straight to survive against the forces of New Labour Darkness.
  3. in_the_cheapseats

in_the_cheapseats LE Moderator

Good luck to him
  4. Good luck to him but I thought I heard that Margaret Beckett was standing down at the next election.
  5. He's done more for this country than that bone
  6. A young conservative (and I presume) white male with a professional and honourable background who also shows some common sense.

The poor ****** doesn't stand a chance.
  7. All part of the MP grooming, sorry learning, process.
  8. "....was commissioned from Royal Military Academy Sandhurst, a British Army officer training centre"

RMAS should love that description....
  9. Totally agree Fantassin, how many "British army officer training centres"' are there? What a patronising description, "training centre".

Local journalists are complete idiots. Imagine "graduared from University of Western England, a university in England".

Good luck to him, cannot stand that weasel Beckett.
  10. Indeed, RMAS is the best officer training establishment in the whole of Camberley.
  11. I hear that she's standing in the 3:30 at Ascot.
  12. He's got 'No Hope' or 'Bob Hope', but wouldn't it be great if he won!
  13. Not a hope. I've seen what the Labour Party will do to keep a Cabinet incumbent in a seat.

I hope his background and activities are squeaky clean.
  14. Go on you Conservatives! DC! DC! DC! DC! Broon's got no chance.