Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Army Officer Reference and PSMA Medical

VB2083

Crow
Hi,

Just to start off with I have tried getting in contact with my CSM (with no success) and have contacted the recruitment helpline and chat, only to be told that my CSM can answer these questions (understandable)

Currently in the application stage and have got a PSMA medical booked in for next month at Westbury. Haven't received any information on this apart from a date, time and address. Is this just a normal medical or will there be fitness tests alongside it as-well?

In addition, I have been requested to provide references in my portal. However, there is a stipulation stating that one of your references must be from your current employer and that they must be informed that you are putting them down as a reference. My company are currently in the process of getting rid of people over the next two months. The last thing I want to do is let my employer know that I'm looking to join the Army. As you know, this career isn't a guarantee, and with the job market being as it is, I don't want to lose my livelihood. Does anyone have any information on how soon I need to provide this reference?

(Off topic, but I'm surprised the Army haven't done more to streamline/improve the application process. I understand its Covid and all, however, after scouring the internet it seems to have been an issue for a few years now)

Tingtang22

Swinger
Hello,

I had my medical a couple of months ago and it was literally just medical. There is a lot of waiting around, but thats understandable with the amount of people they have to get through!
You have an eye test, colour perception, hearing test, ECG and a once over by a doctor. I cant remember if there's anything I've missed, but it's all medical related. It should have said on your information letter, maybe you'll get more info soon?

With regards to the references, I had the same problem. I rang up army recruitment and they said that they don't need references til you have a Briefing date so there is no need to fill them in. I'd call and check to be sure though.

Hope that helps and good luck with the application :)

VB2083

Crow
Hello,

I had my medical a couple of months ago and it was literally just medical. There is a lot of waiting around, but thats understandable with the amount of people they have to get through!
You have an eye test, colour perception, hearing test, ECG and a once over by a doctor. I cant remember if there's anything I've missed, but it's all medical related. It should have said on your information letter, maybe you'll get more info soon?

With regards to the references, I had the same problem. I rang up army recruitment and they said that they don't need references til you have a Briefing date so there is no need to fill them in. I'd call and check to be sure though.

Hope that helps and good luck with the application :)
Cheers!

Latest Threads