Army Officer intake January 2018

Hi all,

New to the forum! Looking for people who are hoping to gain a place on the January 2018 RMAS intake and want to do some prep or swap/compare for the up and coming assessments?

Just reply to this post and we can go from there....

But about myself, I was a Police Officer for four years before deciding to make the jump and pursue a career in the Army as an Officer.

Hope to hear from you!

M

I'll be on the January intake, I'm doing the PRAMS course in august and then go to the Jan intake after completing it
Well in Makkers!

So have you done AOSB and Breifing I assume? If so I'd love to hear more from you!

Anyhow congratulations you've done well! Who knows me might be sipping port on horseback in a few months?!

Matt

Yeah I've done both briefing and main board. I'm a 24 year old non grad who dropped out of uni in January and now works in insurance as a claims handler. It has its fun moments and moments when it's extremely monotonous, but I'm now just looking forward to starting my career in the army. Did you just have briefing and main board left to do?

Yes mate, as well as medical! Seems a bit strange how you are already so far into the process and they have given you January?!

Would be decent to speak to you in greater detail but that obviously depends on how willing you are to do that!

I was a copper for four years (two in the met) and two in Bedfordshire and currently work in logistics as I wait to hopefully get in!

I've also got my interview next Wednesday so I'm really quite early on in the process! Hope I make the January intake!

Matt

Yes mate, as well as medical! Seems a bit strange how you are already so far into the process and they have given you January?!

Would be decent to speak to you in greater detail but that obviously depends on how willing you are to do that!

I was a copper for four years (two in the met) and two in Bedfordshire and currently work in logistics as I wait to hopefully get in!

I've also got my interview next Wednesday so I'm really quite early on in the process! Hope I make the January intake!

Matt
You'll all be fine

Yeah, I just can't wait to start this new and exciting chapter in my life! The reason why I already finished it was because I started my application last year and did my interview in the summer and my medical was in October, but since I was still at uni at that point, I wasn't in a rush to do my briefing and then when I left in Jan, booked the next one I could what was in march. Since I got a cat 1 at briefing I jumped on my main board for a month after and yeah mate, I'm more than happy to talk to you in greater detail!

You can get it done in time for January it's 6 months away and good luck with your interview next week!

Hi guys,
Not sure if this is the right thread to talk about the officers' application process but I have applied on March this year for an officer role. I received a decision of rejection from the education officer based on my IELTS score of 6 while the army requirement is 7! I had appealed upon this but don't think my appeal will be accept! So frustrating and disappointing.

Last edited:
Hi guys,
Not sure if this is the right thread to talk about the officers' application process but i have applied on March for an officer role and was received a decision of rejection from an educational officer based on my itels score of 6 while the army requirement is 7! I had appealed upon this but don't think my appeal will be accept! So frustratin and disappointing.
Do you mean IELTS? Whilst I can understand your disappointment, I can't say I'm surprised if the above is reflective of your currents standard of written English. However it is something that you could improve and retake with time and effort.

I used this current score to achieve an FdSc in Applied Computing with a distinction, BSc (Hons) in Computing- 1st, NVQ 2 in Community Interpreting and my PGCE in teaching. Let alone my previous BA (Hons) English Literature 2:1 and A levels from abroad. I have done a whole year of practical teaching at Glyndwr University in Wales and currently working as a freelance interpreter covering the North West of England. When I took the IELTS test, it was after my arrival to the UK by the end of November 2008 and the test took place in Manchester in June 2009. I intended to score 6 based on my entry course requirements at that time, not knowing the higher score would allow for a better chance !

I am also on the January intake, I have just graduated from Uni so wanted a bit of a break before starting Sandhurst. If anyone has any questions about briefing or main board I’m more than happy to answer as it’s pretty fresh in my mind. I also have a few practise plan x if anyone would like them, private message me your email.

I am also on the January intake, I have just graduated from Uni so wanted a bit of a break before starting Sandhurst. If anyone has any questions about briefing or main board I’m more than happy to answer as it’s pretty fresh in my mind. I also have a few practise plan x if anyone would like them, private message me your email.
Can you email them for me? I would really appreciate it

Latest Threads