Army Officer Advert

Discussion in 'RLC' started by jonny_bored_bollox, Nov 6, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just been watching telly and saw an advert for Army Officer. It s the one where a convoy led by a L/R with a female officer in looses a pallet of ammo of the back of a DROPS.
    Not a good advert for Army Drivers, loosing part of a load is well embarrassing at the best of timesand of course unprofessional!!!
    What I find a little unreal is her calm attitude and the speed at which she reaches a decision to leave the said pallet of ammo. Yes I realise that there may be some possible enemy activity by the flash of whatever it was, so why wasnt there any all round defence or at least top cover up? Does she not realise the mountain of statements she and her troops are going to have to right for the loss of a pallet?
    Also why was the Warrior behind the L/R, have L/Rs now been fitted with chain guns and porper armour (not the stuff you see in Iraq), correct me if im wrong but doesnt arour go at the front of a convoy.
    Question...... Are the soldiers real soldiers or are they actors? The reason I ask is because the older soldier adverts with the signaller, engineer and driver were all real soldiers, if she is a real soldier I would like to meet her cause she aint bad looking for a young troopie.
  2. In the other one - I want to know why there was a posh officer type doorman!
  3. What channel was it on?
  4. The soldiers are real (or at least some are) as a SNCO friend of mine is in the ad and he told me about the wonderful weekend in Wales he had to work to film it. Apparently some are TA too.
  5. They are TERRIBLE adverts, and are not at all inspiring!!

Just a question: Is the army that short of officers that it warrants a series of individual adverts directed specifically aimed at recruitment??
  6. I didn't realise there was so much acting talent in the army!!! How wonderful.

MORE PEPPER!!! :twisted:
  7. She isn't even RLC (i could be wrong though)
    Would you let your drivers of drops vehs go out without being strapped down
    I THINK NOT :x
    What a waste of money. Could have been better spent on getting new vehicles 8O
  8. some of the radio ads are far more dodgy
  9. One of the Radio ads even says "Royal LogisticS Corps". If we can't even get our own name right in the adverts - what hope have we?

10. how come the females voice is different? is the ad saying, come to rmas and we'll 'make you talk proper'? I mean, fair enough. Also, does anyone know if she exists? Militarily speaking.
  11. Maybe a TV advert of a soldier in No 2's standing in the dock.... "Join the Army, If we don't get you killed, we'll prosectute you for war crimes!" Certainly a little bit more realistic than the current spate of advert.
  12. msr

msr LE

Way to go!

Could I suggest that the Army save itself £3m on the next TA recruiting campaign and give the lad who produced this an all expenses paid trip to the Firepower demo?

13. I haven't seen this advert, however, if it is an advert for female RLC officers does it allude to the opportunity to shag your Seniors? Does it mention that you don't have to do any phys and that your sole contribution to mess life is a well stocked selection of chick flicks on DVD?