Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Army Numbers Fall Again

@John G you are as ever googling out of your Arrse. When was the last time you walked into a DFRC to join? If you did, you’d know that the prospective recruit is simply sat in front of a computer to make their online application. If a potential recruit wants information, he or she will be directed to the same computer to research the recruiting website. There are no recruiters in DFACs providing advice to potential recruits or processing applications; it’s just a gateway to the online system. All ADF recruiting is online....

The application is the processed by the contractor and managed online. Documents can be scanned in and uploaded. Recruits have no physical contact with a uniform until they go to a YOU session, which is coordinated by your recruiter by email and phone conversations. They never meet case manager; who works from a central office in IIRC Melbourne.

The YOU session is the equivalent of the Army Briefing which happens at a Recruitment Centre. Not much difference; potential recruits are familiarised with the process and walk out with an action plan.

The next stage is preliminary interview at the DFAC which includes the medical. If you pass through that, it’s main assessment where you do your interviews and physical tests. That may or may not take place at a DFAC; mine didn’t because of the level I was being interview at. Background checks take place before you go to assessment. All of this is managed by you case manager, just like in the UK. And just like in the UK, case managers change during the process because they leave, get sick, pregnant etc etc.

The ADF splits assessment into two elements whereas the UK does it in one and carries out background checks later. From the recruits perspective, it’s not much different( it’s all coordinated by the contractor.

The DFAC does not do what a AFCO did; it’s not a parallel system. It’s the same as a UK recruiting centre with the exception that it provides a couple of computers for recruits use.

In summary, all ADF recruits apply on line whether or not they do it from home or in a DFRC. The UK has recruiting centres that do
much the same as a DFRC. All ADF recruiting administration is managed by a contractor who also runs all the marketing and manages the information. It really is very similar to the way the UK does it.....and it went through serious teething problems when it was first set up. And you are talking out of your Arrse
@bob, given your proven track record record of lying about everything under the sun, whether it's to support your fantasies or for no discernible reason, I think I'll take the ADF's word for what they do and how they do it rather than yours.

Maybe you could answer any of those many questions you've ignored instead? Or, as usual, maybe not ...

Sorry, @Bob, but I'm not going down yet another of your fantasy rabbit holes to divert attention away from yet another bit of @Bob stupidity.

@bob, given your proven track record record of lying about everything under the sun, whether it's to support your fantasies or for no discernible reason, I think I'll take the ADF's word for what they do and how they do it rather than yours.
Here’s the ADF system. Defence Jobs Australia - Recruitment Process

Which is exactly what I described. And pretty much the same as the British system. If you read the role of the Case Officer it reads pretty much across both systems. Similarly the parallels I drew with YOU and Assessment days reads across.

Specifically your contention that the online system was set up in parallel with the DFRCs is utter cock. It isn’t; there’s only one system which is administered by a contractor.

I’m not going to answer your questions save one; you are completely incapable of logical debate. You simply talk bollocks loudly and resort to abuse when anyone takes a contrary view.

The one I will answer is the one about when you left Australia. I’ve no idea when that was, but presumably it was when you had to go. Presumably you were about to get caught...doing what you went to Thailand to do.

BTW I’m quite cool with where my life has gone; it’s certainly not been mediocre or average. And now it has a very exciting new chapter building a rapidly expanding startup. I don’t need your negativity and passive aggression in my life. So be a good man and just fcuck off. I’ve finally ignored you and I’ve no intention of engaging with you again.

Unbelievable. That's the exact same link I already gave.

The same link that says (Para 1!) "Apply online, at a Defence Force Recruiting Centre or call 131901".
Which is exactly what I described
Only in your dreams, @Bob ... unless, of course, Para 1 doesn't say "Apply online, at a Defence Force Recruiting Centre or call 131901"
Specifically your contention that the online system was set up in parallel with the DFRCs is utter cock. It isn’t; there’s only one system which is administered by a contractor.
Yes, @bob. One system. ... and while it's administered by DFR there are three different ways of applying: Apply online, at a Defence Force Recruiting Centre or call 131901.

I'm not going to answer your questions save one;
I didn't expect you to for a second, @bob. That would, after all, need an element of both thought and honesty which are evidently both alien concepts.
I’ve finally ignored you and I’ve no intention of engaging with you again.
Wise decision, @Bob ... but as doomed to failure as your other intentions.

Unbelievable. That's the exact same link I already gave.

The same link that says (Para 1!) "Apply online, at a Defence Force Recruiting Centre or call 131901".
Only in your dreams, @Bob ... unless, of course, Para 1 doesn't say "Apply online, at a Defence Force Recruiting Centre or call 131901"
Yes, @bob. One system. ... and while it's administered by DFR there are three different ways of applying: Apply online, at a Defence Force Recruiting Centre or call 131901.

I didn't expect you to for a second, @bob. That would, after all, need an element of both thought and honesty which are evidently both alien concepts.
Wise decision, @Bob ... but as doomed to failure as your other intentions.
Fair play now, that line could be taken both ways. As Bob described or as you interpret it.

I read it first as how Bob described and only on re-reading realised what you inferred.

Fair play now, that line could be taken both ways. As Bob described or as you interpret it.

I read it first as how Bob described and only on re-reading realised what you inferred.
Fair one, @Taffd, but it's only open to mis-interpretation. The key's in the placement of the 'commas' - as in the difference between "all ARRSE members who are idiots .... " and "all ARRSE members, who are idiots, ...", which doesn't leave any wiggle room at all.

The point I'm making isn't so much that if you want a physical face-to-face with someone serving in the ADF (in uniform) at a DFRC you can and you're not just 'directed to the same computer to do research, etc', since you have the option (I can give umpteen other ADF links stating this unequivocally) as it's only a minor one and barely relevant, but that the ADF not only has a different system with different checks and balances but it's aimed at potential recruits with a far, far higher minimum and general educational standard and different IT abilities, experience and expectations.

You can't just take a template out of some get rich quick idiot's guide and completely ignore the 'people' part of the equation as if it doesn't matter, assuming that one process will work for all or fail for all - that's doomed to abject failure ... particularly as the ADF process has a similar shortfall of recruits to the UK's so may seem on the surface to have similar issues but they're down to very different reasons.

The reasons the RPP's failing isn't just because it's the "Wrong contractor, wrong contract, wrong requirement, etc, etc" but because it was swopping a flawed system for an equally flawed one with an Army second XI who expected to be somehow wafted into the 21st century on some magic carpet of buzzwords and IT none of which they understood.

Here's hoping a landslide of ignoring JohnG follows your decision, and brings a long overdue end to his threadcancer :)
I’ve tried. Occasionally he’s often got valid points but his posting style and aggression is unwarranted. You only have to look at his stats.....

It’s a shame. I enjoy Arrse; a good thread excercises debating in a way that doesn’t often happen in daily life. It’s a shame when a moron like John wrecks it for everyone.

I’ve tried. Occasionally he’s often got valid points but his posting style and aggression is unwarranted. You only have to look at his stats.....

It’s a shame. I enjoy Arrse; a good thread excercises debating in a way that doesn’t often happen in daily life. It’s a shame when a moron like John wrecks it for everyone.

Sorry for the SABC but you know who does not ever have valid points, he mindlessly and without reflection spews google shite.

I also have him on ignore, hopefully the mods realise that not gripping this sort of thinking loses them contributors and will lose them revenue!

indexTRUTH.jpg

joker-batman-1989-198652.jpg

Occasionally he’s often got valid points ...
... about as close as you get to a rational thought, @bob:rofl:.

When you look at storeys like this which appear far too often in the press, is it any wonder youngsters don't want to join a service where they will risk life & limb and get treated like criminals and possibly jailed for doing their job!!
Major quits Army and sends medals back to Queen in protest at eight inquiries into Iraqi death
snip A decorated major facing his eighth investigation over the death of an Iraqi teenager 15 years ago has given his medals back and quit the Army in protest.
Fed up and furious Major Robert Campbell has hit out at 15 years of hell as he is put under a new investigation into a death in Iraq in 2003
despite repeatedly being cleared of wrongdoing
However when these legal vultures got involved it was all stirred up again
Around the same time law firm Leigh Day mounted civil action against the MoD on behalf of the teenager’s family. They were awarded £100,000, although the MoD did not admit liability for the teenager’s death.
In 2014 the taxpayer-funded Iraq Historic Allegations Team (Ihat) took on the case after being passed the file by the now-defunct Public Interest Lawyers. Major Campbell said: ‘Ihat came storming into my life in 2015 and made my ability to perform as an officer unworkable. My medication increased exponentially since Ihat turned up and by February 2016 I was no longer fit for service."
It decided in December that no charges should be brought and Major Campbell thought his ordeal was finally at an end.
But this month Major Campbell received an email, with a letter attached from the MoD, informing him that he would now be called before Sir George Newman as part of a fresh inquiry. He called the latest investigation, which will cost the taxpayer around £200,000, ‘unspeakably cruel and vindictive’."

When you look at storeys like this which appear far too often in the press, is it any wonder youngsters don't want to join a service where they will risk life & limb and get treated like criminals and possibly jailed for doing their job!!
Major quits Army and sends medals back to Queen in protest at eight inquiries into Iraqi death
snip A decorated major facing his eighth investigation over the death of an Iraqi teenager 15 years ago has given his medals back and quit the Army in protest.
Fed up and furious Major Robert Campbell has hit out at 15 years of hell as he is put under a new investigation into a death in Iraq in 2003
despite repeatedly being cleared of wrongdoing
However when these legal vultures got involved it was all stirred up again
Around the same time law firm Leigh Day mounted civil action against the MoD on behalf of the teenager’s family. They were awarded £100,000, although the MoD did not admit liability for the teenager’s death.
In 2014 the taxpayer-funded Iraq Historic Allegations Team (Ihat) took on the case after being passed the file by the now-defunct Public Interest Lawyers. Major Campbell said: ‘Ihat came storming into my life in 2015 and made my ability to perform as an officer unworkable. My medication increased exponentially since Ihat turned up and by February 2016 I was no longer fit for service."
It decided in December that no charges should be brought and Major Campbell thought his ordeal was finally at an end.
But this month Major Campbell received an email, with a letter attached from the MoD, informing him that he would now be called before Sir George Newman as part of a fresh inquiry. He called the latest investigation, which will cost the taxpayer around £200,000, ‘unspeakably cruel and vindictive’."
Veering off-topic as LD, PIL, IHAT, Shiner, etc, are discussed at length elsewhere, as are Bloody Sunday, Blackman and similar incidents, but despite the outrage bus it's unlikely they have any real affect on recruiting at least in terms of potential recruits thinking they "don't want to join a service where they will risk life & limb and get treated like criminals and possibly jailed for doing their job!!".

Without getting into the rights and wrongs of individual cases in any way, should someone in uniform and "doing their job" have any additional right to murder, assault, rape or torture anyone?

Does putting on a uniform (military, police or any other) entitle you to hide behind it and break local and international laws and the LoAC?
... with the Army 'closing ranks' to 'protect its own', whatever they've done and however much they've disgraced the uniform they're hiding behind?

Or does it mean that you're held to at least the same standard as everyone else, so while you can't be tried more than once for the same offence you can be investigated as often as the statute of limitations and fresh evidence permit, regardless of stress and the pressures of "doing their job" ?

I'd suggest very strongly that it has to be the latter, otherwise you're inviting every mental case, psycopath, inadequate and sadist to enlist so that they can get away with what they never could outside - although I'd also suggest that the Army, police, etc, have a duty of care to provide their members, past and present, with suitable and appropriate emotional, medical and legal support and assistance and that may not have always been the case.