Army Numbers Fall Again

All this is transparent and open to question, so I can't see what the issue is. Furthermore an SNCO has paid in significantly more to the Corps funds than a junior so it is difficult to argue against using that fund in the WOs' & Sgts' Mess. I think Officers pay more full stop but I can't be bothered to spreadsheet it out to work out where the balance point is.
**** me I might have known you would justify stealing from the soldiers.

I'll make it easier for you. Let take a troop

1 officer
8 seniors
35 Juniors

And say the run their own fund

The officer pays in 2 quid a month
The seniors pay in a 1.5 quid a month
The plebs pay in a quid a month.

Now the argument is the officer pays in 100% more and the senior pay 50% more than the juniors so they should have more.
But when you work out the in total the following is paid in
Officers 2 quid
Seniors 12 quid
Plebs 35 quid

We can see the pondlife contribute more.

Messes should be paid for by their members, it should not be subsidised in anyway by none members.
But hey its only the juniors so **** 'em.

Whilst @Bad CO may have a view, I'd say that civvy diving (inc JSSAC) is significantly more professional and technical (and safe) than the vast majority of Defence Diving.

ugly

LE
Or it is because pretty much every organisation has enforced fun social events.
Nope, all social events in work are free and voluntary. I usually choose not to attend as I am a social hand grenade when pissed especially when someone else is paying for it. That said I'm not @clayp1g

Whilst @Bad CO may have a view, I'd say that civvy diving (inc JSSAC) is significantly more professional and technical (and safe) than the vast majority of Defence Diving.
In the context of AT, PADI diving somewhere warm (like Cyprus) isn’t very technical. But I’d suggest that it’s a good first stage to see if someone’s comfortable under water and also to encourage interest. Being beasted around Marchwood mud flats didn’t really do either.

**** me I might have known you would justify stealing from the soldiers.

I'll make it easier for you. Let take a troop

1 officer
8 seniors
35 Juniors

And say the run their own fund

The officer pays in 2 quid a month
The seniors pay in a 1.5 quid a month
The plebs pay in a quid a month.

Now the argument is the officer pays in 100% more and the senior pay 50% more than the juniors so they should have more.
But when you work out the in total the following is paid in
Officers 2 quid
Seniors 12 quid
Plebs 35 quid

We can see the pondlife contribute more.

Messes should be paid for by their members, it should not be subsidised in anyway by none members.
But hey its only the juniors so **** 'em.
The LE Officer has paid how much in after 22 years. The WO1 after 20 years, the Sgt after 15 years...and the private after 1 year?

morsk

LE
Plebs pondlife its only the juniors so **** 'em.
And there we have the retention problem in one, Seniors shitting on the blokes. Now matter how much Stacker1 will tell you he is not like all the others, I guarantee he is just like all the others.

And there we have the retention problem in one, Seniors shitting on the blokes. Now matter how much Stacker1 will tell you he is not like all the others, I guarantee he is just like all the others.
No one in my Troop ever was forced to pay into anything.

morsk

LE
No one in my Troop ever was forced to pay into anything.
Yeah, you keep telling us how you are the greatest senior rank the world has ever seen.

The LE Officer has paid how much in after 22 years. The WO1 after 20 years, the Sgt after 15 years...and the private after 1 year?
Didnt have any of the great AT, Sport, Sustainer mag when they were going through the rank then? There are AT Sgts by their 5 year point, there are 24 year Cpls.
Once again though you justify stealing from the juniors how unsurprising.

Didnt have any of the great AT, Sport, Sustainer mag when they were going through the rank then? There are AT Sgts by their 5 year point, there are 24 year Cpls.
Once again though you justify stealing from the juniors how unsurprising.
Mate if it was that bad, where’s the litigation?

Yeah, you keep telling us how you are the greatest senior rank the world has ever seen.
One person signing off (at their 21 year point) in over three years, the least biffs, highest fitness rate, juniors over represented on the boards.
Yeah I was pretty ******* awesome.

Mate if it was that bad, where’s the litigation?
Did I miss the bit where you replied to Sarastro post about the theft being widespread? Or did you just ignore it because it showed you to be the liar that you are?

morsk

LE
One person signing off (at their 21 year point) in over three years, the least biffs, highest fitness rate, juniors over represented on the boards.
Yeah I was pretty ******* awesome.
Whoop de do Basil. None of that says shag all about you though does it? no one was ill. Was that down to you then was it? And as a result of no one being ill, and the Regiment, not Stacker1, implementing a PT regime, the non biffs got fit through their own hard work, and yet you want a pat on the back for it in typical RLC senior fashion. Yeah, my blokes arent biffs and they are all fit, and its all down to ME! Please Sir, look what I did sir...... Faaak off.

"No-one sued us so it must be ok" is setting a pretty low bar....
I think my point is that the spends were transparent, not hidden, people dripped but didn't go for it. I get 10 years ago social media didn't have the same sway, but I can't see how any law was broken ie not theft.

Funnily enough, no I didn’t read a thread about RLC Corps funds ten years ago. My first observation is that you are taking an RLC specific issue Army wide.

My second is that those account are nearly ten years old. In the intervening years, did you ever go to an AGM and ask a question? Or did any of the other whingers? The point being that, despite your assertion that money was expended at the whim of senior officers, every contributor had an equal vote.

My third is the comment that officers pay 1.5 days pay. I can’t be arrsed to go through your corps accounts, but I’d bet that the expenditure on silver was balanced on the other side of the books by officers contributions.

Final one: do you really think that Army wise soldiers are leaving the Army today because is something that happened in the RLC ten years ago?
I think you did read it, you now realise that yet again you were wrong and are now pretending that its only the RLC and because the Officers pay a higher percentage of the wage (But collectively much lower) to cover up for the fact that (once again) you didnt know what you are talking about.

No I never went to an AGM, despite the fact I never actually knew when most of them were, do you think I should have flown over from Germany to attend them? But lets say I did, all that would have happened is that I would have been marked down as not a team player. I have fought for the last three years in my sqn/regt to stop ******* boys over and that was a struggle enough. However do you think people need to be told not to steal from their soldiers.

As to your final one, the soldiers are still being robbed for other peoples whims, Im sure you have googled the lastest RLC accounts heres the 2017 which is the lastest I can find.

Some gems include

An increasing cost to the Association is the growing bill for privately employed staff required to backfill what should be Civil Servant posts, but with gaps in the organisation increasing as relocation draws nearer. Funding for private staff required for key outputs, particularly Benevolence, topped £350K in 2017 and is being met through both the RLC Day's Pay Scheme and the RASC & RCT (Restricted) Benevolent funds. The requirement for privately funded staff remains under review and steps are in place to get the MOD to fund those Civil Service positions currently being filled by Agency staff

The blokes appear to be funding what should be Civil Servant posts

23. All serving members ofthe Corps and those retired members of The RLC Association are kept in touch with the many aspects of Corps activities through the medium of the Corps journal 'The Sustainer', now published four times a year. An annual professional 'RLC Foundation Review' is also published by The RLC Foundation. This communication serves to provide closer links with the general public. A total of 10 Newsletter Editions are also published for The RLC Association and our Forming Corps Associations. Total cost of Corps publications and distribution amounts to £69.5K

Four magazines that normally end up in the skip without ever leaving their packaging, just 70k. Bargain

34. The Central Sergeants' Mess, which received a grant of £23K, continues to attract support from the Trustees in recognition of mess members' length of service and contribution to Corps funds and specifically to support the efficiency and morale of this mess. The Headquarters Officers' Mess, to which officers pay some 50% of a Day*s Pay, received £77K fiom The RLC Association Trust Fund in 2016.

Looks like the lads are funding the morale of the Sgt Mess. Y'know that exclusive club.

Not forgetting of course the £250000 that the ODPS has committed to moving the Messes by 2020

I think my point is that the spends were transparent, not hidden, people dripped but didn't go for it. I get 10 years ago social media didn't have the same sway, but I can't see how any law was broken ie not theft.
Why do you always deny things? It was your Corps (note that I said your Corps, not mine) who were always writing in to the Soldier magazine to ask why they were forced to pay for stable belts. Why wasnt it sorted out after the first letter? Why did your Corps continue to steal from from their soldiers? Do you think your Corps might have held it against those who raised an objection? They might have decided that they werent team players for example?

I've been to plenty of units, probably the same amount as you, but not many of them have been field units. In my experience SNCOs are not stealing money from junior soldiers in any way. Stable belts is not a big issue. In my experience, those that moan about buying one aren't team players anyway. Twistys, now theres a different story.

The price of everything and the value of nothing... ^~
If you have to force people to pay, then whatever it is, is probably valueless.

When I had Tp/Mess functions (which were optional) we always had good attendance, yet I watched other Tp/Sqn/Regt/Mess'es that were so pathetic that they had to force their soldiers to attend.
Its quite easy to order/pressure soldiers to do what you want. Its a bit harder to show some leadership and make them want to do it.

Latest Threads