Army number

ISeeTheLight

Clanker
When do recruits get there army number?
i passed selection afew months ago, recenty went on Royal Signals look at life course (was thinking about changing trade then) and i start basic on the 1st june, would my recruiters have it now?

synergy22

Old-Salt
I'm under the illusion that you receive your number when you attend your Attestation.
Correct me if otherwise....

Syn :)

David2008

War Hero
synergy22 said:
I'm under the illusion that you receive your number when you attend your Attestation.
Correct me if otherwise....

Syn :)

Spot on mate.

your number cannot be created until attested and details are on JPA

David2008

War Hero
Oh right. well just incase you still dont know what the attestation/oath of allegiance is, you basically hold the bible in one hand, and read an oath that youll swear by almighty god that you will do your duty to protect queen, country etc etc. kind of similar to going to court lol you could probably imagine basic training being similar to prison anyway :p well i know it certainly feels like it!

ISeeTheLight

Clanker
David2008 said:
Oh right. well just incase you still dont know what the attestation/oath of allegiance is, you basically hold the bible in one hand, and read an oath that youll swear by almighty god that you will do your duty to protect queen, country etc etc. kind of similar to going to court lol you could probably imagine basic training being similar to prison anyway :p well i know it certainly feels like it!

Why did you leave in the first place?

David2008

War Hero
ISeeTheLight said:
David2008 said:

Why did you leave in the first place?

Girlfriend (Ex now like)

Nutter

Old-Salt
David2008 said:

Or if you were in my old TA unit a copy of the PT manual as no one could find a bible, when these guys were getting attested.

ISeeTheLight

Clanker
Romeo_47 said:
I got mine on Saturday, after doing selection 8 days ago.

wow thats fast!
What trade?
when do you start basic?
i'm going signals too, and from ADSC to phase 1, is a waiting time of too long :p a few months.
well done for passing

Romeo_47

War Hero
ISeeTheLight said:
Romeo_47 said:
I got mine on Saturday, after doing selection 8 days ago.

wow thats fast!
What trade?
when do you start basic?
i'm going signals too, and from ADSC to phase 1, is a waiting time of too long :p a few months.
well done for passing

Driver lineman

Start 17th May.

It's like a PIN. You get issued a number which you can change to an easier one to remember once you've completed basic. Hope this helps.

P-T

Don't they begin with a 3 these days.

One can't imagine how much of a veteran I felt when I last saw a sproggs service number on a MOD90 shoved in my face.

David2008

War Hero
Nutter said:
David2008 said:

Or if you were in my old TA unit a copy of the PT manual as no one could find a bible, when these guys were getting attested.

Hahaha what was the attestation? I swear I will never turn up to PT with undone laces, to always have my tshirt tucked in and never wear boxers under my shorts? :D

Latest Threads