Army / Navy Rugby Rampage!

Residents living in the area around the Cabbage Patch public house have been shocked by the behaviour of rugby fans attending Twickenham for the Army and Navy match on Saturday 7 May.

Residents said that neither police nor security staff could control the crowds and that some fans became abusive.

The residents witnessed drunkenness and urination with local streets being used as toilets. The aftermath of the match left roads littered with glass and foul rubbish.

The trouble started as early as 11am, and there are reports that the portaloos were not in place and the match day hotline was on answerphone.

Broken glass was left in the roads and not properly cleared up until Tuesday. The steps from Mary's Terrace to the station were strewn with glass shards and covered in urine.

According to the residents, the Army and Navy match of 2005 was arguably the worst experience for many years for the neighbourhood, and they are calling on the RFU, police and council to address the issues. MP Vincent Cable has also been advised of the problems.

Many of the drinkers did not attend the match at all, say the residents, and the streets became a no-go area for fearful local people.
the good burghers of Twickenham are up in arms!

Ok so who was it

OK so on the Twickenham Community Noticeboard is this letter

Dear Editor,

I had the misfortune to pass through the area on Saturday with a visitor I picked up at the station. The streets were used as sewers, London Rd, St Mary's Terrace, Grosvenor Rd. I saw people urinating, defecating and vomiting in the street and I saw one couple copulating. Ok the council have closed all the public toilets, but is there really any need for this disgusting behaviour in our own streets and in the name of Rugby. I think the time has most definitely come for the RFU and the police to put a permanent stop to this annual Army Navy obscenity. What did other residents think?
I imagine two sailors got friendly.

"I saw people urinating, defecating and vomiting in the street"

Well, if its good enough for live TV during the London marathon - why not for rugby???

LostBoss said:
OK so on the Twickenham Community Noticeboard is this letter

Dear Editor,

I had the misfortune to pass through the area on Saturday with a visitor I picked up at the station. The streets were used as sewers, London Rd, St Mary's Terrace, Grosvenor Rd. I saw people urinating, defecating and vomiting in the street and I saw one couple copulating. Ok the council have closed all the public toilets, but is there really any need for this disgusting behaviour in our own streets and in the name of Rugby. I think the time has most definitely come for the RFU and the police to put a permanent stop to this annual Army Navy obscenity. What did other residents think?

MDN was present then :lol:
I imagine two sailors got friendly.

More shades of Tommy Atkins. Fecking whinging civvies.

Meet in town.......few beers, train down......few more beers......rum and whiskey in the ground and a few smuggled beers.

I couldn't get near the cabbage patch bar it was that packed, there must have been two thousand blokes if not more in and around the pub.

Train back up to town, Covent Garden.......minging :D excellent day

..........BTW did the Army win, anyone know. :wink:

"I saw people urinating, defecating and vomiting in the street and I saw one couple copulating. Ok the council have closed all the public toilets, but is there really any need for this disgusting behaviour in our own streets"

Sounds like Croydon every Friday and Saturday night. But, of course it wouldnt be Croydon without the usual murder, rape and drive by shootings. We havent got a rugby stadium, just too many massive pubs and bars flowing with cheap booze, packed with binge drinking chavs desperate to part with their income support money.

London Borough of Croydon : Motto: What the fcuk are you looking at, CNUT!